00 Windstar dome light/door trigger

The is a question for my 00 Ford Windstar minivan. I have a Omega Excalibur AL-1820-EDP security system with remote start and I need some help. This is what I have installed so for, door lock and unlock, shock sensor, hood pin, siren speaker, horn function, starter disable, brake light switch. From what I read from the wiring diagram the dome light wiring is at a rear control module and I need to have a diode in the line. The problem with this is that the RCM is behind the rear plastic panel and the box is completely blocking it, I could remove the box but that is a ton of work.

Can I run a wire to the actual dome light instead of going to the RCM. From what I have read the dome light feature also acts as the door triggers.

I also cannot find the tach wire,

Thanks for any help

Edited by silversound

Lunar Amplifiers: L1500's x 8, L2125, L100X2, L55x2, L40x2 (2)

Digital Designs 9518G x 2

DDA-W 6.5 components

DDCX 4 x 4

DDCX 5x7 x 4

Iraggi Amputator 260

Here is what directechs says for door trigger:

Left Front Door Trigger brown/pink - passenger D pillar

A diode must be placed in-line on this wire to avoid falsing problems. Cut the wire and put the cathode side away from the dome light, then tie the door trigger input on the cathode side on the brown/pink. On models with the puddle lamps on the doors, can also use orange/white in a 20 pin plug at the FEM for door trigger. DO NOT USE THE ORANGE/WHITE FOR DOME LIGHT SUPERVISION.

If it has the puddle lamps on the doors... i'd hit it at the FEM(should be against the firewall on the drivers side if I recall correctly).

As for tach:

There is a triple coil pack on the driver side of the engine. For tach use any of the following wires: pink/white, red/lt blue, or blue/lt green.

Basically use any non-common color wire at the coilpack.

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Here is what directechs says for door trigger:

If it has the puddle lamps on the doors... i'd hit it at the FEM(should be against the firewall on the drivers side if I recall correctly).

As for tach:

Basically use any non-common color wire at the coilpack.

thanks for the help

Lunar Amplifiers: L1500's x 8, L2125, L100X2, L55x2, L40x2 (2)

Digital Designs 9518G x 2

DDA-W 6.5 components

DDCX 4 x 4

DDCX 5x7 x 4

Iraggi Amputator 260