Sonic Electronix

looking for some input from the experienced people

thank you for the help. keep the good information coming. i cant wait to get back actually start the building process. what are the good sites to order some of these things off of?

build for when i get back from iraq

(4) Fi SSD 12s

(2) aq 2200d

(2) xs3100

high output alt.

big 3

6th order blow through

im pretty much set on the fi's. i just dont know if i want to go with the 12s or the 15s. ive never ran 15s and am not sure if they will sound good for everyday use. i do want to have a slamming system but i want it to sound good to.

(4) Fi SSD 12s

(2) aq 2200d

(2) xs3100

high output alt.

big 3

6th order blow through

im pretty much set on the fi's. i just dont know if i want to go with the 12s or the 15s. ive never ran 15s and am not sure if they will sound good for everyday use. i do want to have a slamming system but i want it to sound good to.

It will sound just as good as the 12's i'd go with the 15's IMO. with the 15's your going to have alot more cone area and be luder with the same power.

Edited by Kian

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

as long as it will sound as good. i just dont know from experience. ive never messed with 15s. always just been 10s and 12s. sounds like ill be going with the 15s now.

(4) Fi SSD 12s

(2) aq 2200d

(2) xs3100

high output alt.

big 3

6th order blow through

as long as it will sound as good. i just dont know from experience. ive never messed with 15s. always just been 10s and 12s. sounds like ill be going with the 15s now.

12's and 15's and 18's can all sound just as good, there really wont be a difference between them if theyre the same make. the whole 18's cant play music and 12's cant get low thing is bullshit.

I'd definitely get the 15's, four 15's will have about as much cone area as six 12s!

Edited by curse
lance2.png

o i am too. i cant wait to get back and build it. i got to start thinking about mids and highs. to keep up with all this bass.

(4) Fi SSD 12s

(2) aq 2200d

(2) xs3100

high output alt.

big 3

6th order blow through

Enclosure suggestion - 6th order similar to what Jack's sleeper setup was like, but tuned higher than Jack's was... Another example of 6th order blowthrough would be Supergumby5000 on CA forum. He actually used to run 4 15" Rs but it ended up peaking very low(like high 20s/low 30s).

i was looking at box designs. you said i should do a 6th order. but i am seeing there are two different types. a 6th order parallel tuned bandpass and a 6th order tuned bandpass. another guy gave me a link to db dynomax audio so i can read up on designing boxes. which 6th order is best for me to use?

(4) Fi SSD 12s

(2) aq 2200d

(2) xs3100

high output alt.

big 3

6th order blow through

i was wondering with the options that it gives you when you buy the fi subs on what they actually do and which ones i should get.

configure speaker - dual 1 or dual 2

flat wind coil

copper coil

bp power

anything you know about these options that can help me make sense of them.

(4) Fi SSD 12s

(2) aq 2200d

(2) xs3100

high output alt.

big 3

6th order blow through