1998 Chevy 3.4 Ticking...

i have been working on gm cars and truck for 5 years its a lifter or rocker arm. if you here a knocking sound when you first start up its because the oil is siting at the bottom of the pan and the rocker arms and lifters are dry but after 15 seconds it goes away and its a combination of the injectors sticking. what i would do is take the valve covers and intake maifold off and replace the lifters and all rocker arms. but your motor is not going on you.

GEDC0245.jpg1996 gmc 1500 (400whp) rear mounted turbo 7 pound of boost.

i have been working on gm cars and truck for 5 years its a lifter or rocker arm. if you here a knocking sound when you first start up its because the oil is siting at the bottom of the pan and the rocker arms and lifters are dry but after 15 seconds it goes away and its a combination of the injectors sticking. what i would do is take the valve covers and intake maifold off and replace the lifters and all rocker arms. but your motor is not going on you.

those 3400's usually don't stop ticking.. They need to be cleaned out is all and then that's when it stops ticking usually if it is caught early. Hence, automatic trans fluid.

2003 Ford Crown Victoria P71

2 12" Kicker CVX's

Audiopipe AP15001d

Stinger SR80 Isolator with DieHard 1200CCA battery

Streetwires 0awg

Secondary - 1998 Ford Expedition XLT

Archived