aftermarket with bose

ok i have a 2000 nissan maxima with bose system, i bought a pioneer avh p4100 double din dvd reciever for it, we put it in it fits fine turns on everything works fine, just no sound. i have looked around and they say its got to do with the bose system. any suggestions?

Maxximus

Black 2000 Nissan Maxima

Pioneer AVH p4100 HU

3 10" MTX t5500 series

Sledgehammer ported enclosure

Kicker 08ZX850.2 Amp

Pilot Underbody Neon (blue)

Pilot led interior Lights (blue)

2 Pilot 15" Neon tubes (blue)

Pilot light Control module

The neighbor up stairs keeps bitchin bout my music playin too loud during the day but runs a wood shop class at nite (aka drilling some bullshit) FUCK THAT!!

caraudioforum.com

I never use a meter to tune.

Your ear in most cases is your best choice.

• 2 months later...

get an amp for the bose speakers....

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

I know in Chevrolet's you have to get a special wiring harness to keep Bose and Onstar chimes. Your Bose system should already have an amp, I'd check about the harness ....

'05 CHEVY TAHOE

Pioneer N4 | 4- MEMPHIS M3 12's ..... 2 DC LVL 4 XL's ON THE WAY | 1- MEMPHIS MOJO 4k | 2- Optima Yellow Tops

Ohio Gen 295A Alt | Kicker 1/0 Wires, RCA's, & Connections | BIG 3 | SECOND SKIN SPL TILES

dc_audio.jpg

secondskin_728x90.gif[/center]

the harness for your radio has a blue wire with a white stripe.

hook that wire to the blue wire and the blue with white on the car's adapter harness.

And bingo, you will have sound

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

• 2 weeks later...

all very good answers but not quite right.....

nissan radio harnesses dont have grounds in them, they use the antenna as the ground.... what you need to do is make sure that the blue with white wire is hooked up, AND that the black with white is grounded.... what i do is run a short wire to the huge metal peice behind the radio use a ring terminal and screw that hoe inthere..... there you go....

2003 Toyota Sequoia

Pioneer 4100dvd

Memphis PR6.5 3ways in all four doors

Memphis PR 15s (4)

Memphis PR 1.1000 (2)

Memphis PR 4.50 (1)

Optima Yellowtop (2)

Viper 5901

8000k H.I.D. kit

15% tint (2layers)

all very good answers but not quite right.....

nissan radio harnesses dont have grounds in them, they use the antenna as the ground.... what you need to do is make sure that the blue with white wire is hooked up, AND that the black with white is grounded.... what i do is run a short wire to the huge metal peice behind the radio use a ring terminal and screw that hoe inthere..... there you go....

actually I was correct.

That radio is iso

It is grounded using the metal brackets that bolt to the subdash

There is no wire on the opposing end of the factory harness for the black/white wire.

Nice try though busting my balls.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

actually I was correct.

That radio is iso

It is grounded using the metal brackets that bolt to the subdash

There is no wire on the opposing end of the factory harness for the black/white wire.

Nice try though busting my balls.

ISOing the radio grounds the radio, but not the amp.... there is a opposing wire on the factory side of the harness, and it must be grounded for sound... trust me i had this same arguement with my boss recently when he told our other installer that the bose would work with just the blue/white.......

2003 Toyota Sequoia

Pioneer 4100dvd

Memphis PR 15s (4)

Memphis PR 1.1000 (2)

Memphis PR 4.50 (1)

Optima Yellowtop (2)

Viper 5901

8000k H.I.D. kit

15% tint (2layers)

that sucks. mine has bose in it too and at first i missed the "orange wire" i think and would turn on but no sound then i hooked it up and it was good to go, i went to best buy for advice and they talked for 10min about some bypass BULLSHIT i needed...i was like ill come back thanks. at the same time i though to myself "if i connected everything" and so i check right there in the parking lot and BINGO it worked! You have to connect the wire that turns on the bose amp :-)

that sucks. mine has bose in it too and at first i missed the "orange wire" i think and would turn on but no sound then i hooked it up and it was good to go, i went to best buy for advice and they talked for 10min about some bypass BULLSHIT i needed...i was like ill come back thanks. at the same time i though to myself "if i connected everything" and so i check right there in the parking lot and BINGO it worked! You have to connect the wire that turns on the bose amp :-)

in a lot of chevrolets you can make bose work by just turning it on.... but in nissans, it has to be turned on and grounded to work..... sure beats the hell out of $150 harnesses......

2003 Toyota Sequoia

Pioneer 4100dvd

Memphis PR 15s (4)

Memphis PR 1.1000 (2)

Memphis PR 4.50 (1)

Optima Yellowtop (2)

Viper 5901

8000k H.I.D. kit

15% tint (2layers)