Sundown Audio

Wiring Issue

07mazda3s

Hello All,

It has been a looong time since I have posted on the forum. I have a quick question. I got a new amp for Christmas and although it is a mono amp, it has 2 positive and 2 negative speaker outputs. If I am only running one sub, should I connect it to both positives and both negatives? The wiring diagram that came with it shows that.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

Hello All,

It has been a looong time since I have posted on the forum. I have a quick question. I got a new amp for Christmas and although it is a mono amp, it has 2 positive and 2 negative speaker outputs. If I am only running one sub, should I connect it to both positives and both negatives? The wiring diagram that came with it shows that.

if its a mono amp it more than likely bridged internally.......1+ 1-

Powerbassbanner.jpg

DCbanner.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

153.3 @ Turkey Drag 2009

Spl Modified 1001-2000 - Derrick Jones my alias... Wudn't accept DEEz NUTz !!!

if its a mono amp it more than likely bridged internally.......1+ 1-

That is what I figured. Here is the thing tho. I have a kicker cvr 15. I used to have a zx400.1 on it. My new amp is a power acoustik that claims 900wrms @ 2ohms which is what the sub is wired at. I hooked the sub up to only one positive and one negative and it is not as loud as the old kicker. I understand that Power Acoustik is far from CEA approved but I feel like something is wrong.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

So would it be safe to try putting the sub to both positives and negatives?

itll be fine. the amp will just bridge the subs internally via parallel. so if you have 2 4 ohm subs on it. the amp will see 2 ohms.

itll be fine. the amp will just bridge the subs internally via parallel. so if you have 2 4 ohm subs on it. the amp will see 2 ohms.

I only have one sub it is wired to a 2 ohm load. I'm saying is it only getting half the power bc of only having one positive and one negative hooked up.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

its fine the way you wire it up. i wired my type R to my hifonics amp the same way.

to the OP, your sub seems quieter because probably 1, the kicker amp has more power and 2, you couldve set your gains wrong.

Archived