Sonic Electronix

what kind of o-scope do u have?

As for setting the filters on the amp. I would set each HPF around 80-90. dont worry about low pass filters...

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

i got the velleman hps10se. i tried your way and the way on page 2 here: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=39644.

when i put it in the rcas it doesnt read anything. just a flat line. so i tried caibrating it and doing it again nothing. and i tried on auto, nothing there either. so i tried the amp gains to just to see if it works and i could see a wave but i could never really get it to square off once i kinda get it there the wave would pop back to a smaller wave. so i just left it at a full wave. i guess imma need one of you guys to help a brotha out.

*even after i unplug the rcas from the back of the deck, i can still hear the test tone

**my deck reads my rear speakers as being in the rear and fronts in the front, and on the amp 1 and 2 are my fronts 3 and 4 are my rears. BUT to tune the fronts i have to use te filters on channels 3 and 4, and the filters on 1 and 2 to tune my rear speakers. if i switch the rcas then they would be correct on the amp but then my deck would read them as the front speakers being in the back and vice versa

1999 Altima 5spd

HU: Alpine CDA-9887

Frnts: CDT audio 6.5 Components

Rears: Alpine Type R 6.5 Components

Speaker Amp: DAT HR4125

Subs: 2 AQ HDC3 15's coming soon

Sub Amps:(2)US MD2D

Wiring: Stinger

8_RedDevillogo.pngalpine_logo.jpg

i got the velleman hps10se. i tried your way and the way on page 2 here: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=39644.

when i put it in the rcas it doesnt read anything. just a flat line. so i tried caibrating it and doing it again nothing. and i tried on auto, nothing there either. so i tried the amp gains to just to see if it works and i could see a wave but i could never really get it to square off once i kinda get it there the wave would pop back to a smaller wave. so i just left it at a full wave. i guess imma need one of you guys to help a brotha out.

*even after i unplug the rcas from the back of the deck, i can still hear the test tone

**my deck reads my rear speakers as being in the rear and fronts in the front, and on the amp 1 and 2 are my fronts 3 and 4 are my rears. BUT to tune the fronts i have to use te filters on channels 3 and 4, and the filters on 1 and 2 to tune my rear speakers. if i switch the rcas then they would be correct on the amp but then my deck would read them as the front speakers being in the back and vice versa

hmmm interesting. What do you mean by "I can still hear the tone when I unplug the RCAs?"

You can still hear them from your speakers?

What head unit are you using?

Eclipse cd7000

im using alpine cda 9887. and all i know is after i unplug all four rcas (i have six spots on the back of the deck, if this matters) and play the test tone i can still hear the tone. it may be the factory tweeters playing, i think thats the only thing i left plugged in now that i think about it.

so tell me doc, how bad is it. can i be saved?

Edited by CallMeTy

1999 Altima 5spd

yea that would have to be your factory tweets playing lol....

Are you POSITIVE you dont have the speaker wires mixed up? I did that once on the amp.

Sounds like the either the RCAs or the speaker wires are mixed up. Common mistake.

Either way, both filters should be set to the same seting (80-90hz) so I dont see it being that big of a problem in your application.

As for the o-scope I havent used that one so Im not sure. sorry.

I do believe on the Alpines the subwoofer setting has to be set on 6 on the deck to receive full ouput. Someone call me out on that if its not true but I have been hearing the same thing from other people also. Try it and see what happens.

Edited by finkster

Eclipse cd7000

it may be the rcas. the stinger 16guage speaker wire has square insulation along with the stinger brand name on the + side and plain round insulation on the - side, i was anal about keeping this correct, so i dont think i got those mixed up. but the back of the deck has no kind of labels or anything for the rca outputs, so this could be it. idk. i think i got both hpf filters set to 80-90. all the way to the left is 50 and all the way to the right is 1k. i got them both about a quarter turn.

and are you saying put the subwoofer setting on six then try to hook up the oscope again to find where the deck clips ?

1999 Altima 5spd

it may be the rcas. the stinger 16guage speaker wire has square insulation along with the stinger brand name on the + side and plain round insulation on the - side, i was anal about keeping this correct, so i dont think i got those mixed up. but the back of the deck has no kind of labels or anything for the rca outputs, so this could be it. idk. i think i got both hpf filters set to 80-90. all the way to the left is 50 and all the way to the right is 1k. i got them both about a quarter turn.

and are you saying put the subwoofer setting on six then try to hook up the oscope again to find where the deck clips ?

oh shit, scratch what i said about the subs....I forgot for a sec that you were setting speaker gains...but other than that...yea double check all of your wiring...its a tedious process but as you can see its little shit that brings up a problem a lot of the time....

Eclipse cd7000