What size alt. and how many batts?

I'm gonna be running 2200 rms through my truck and am just wondering what size alt I should run? I'm thinking a 200 amp alt should do the job with 1 system devoted batt but I'm not an expert. Any input? If I wanted to run 3500rms in the future should I go with a bigger alt or will this do the job?

Thanks,

Nova

stop making sense you'll kill the argument.

Earth, you feel me?

You aren't loud enough to be felt.

I'm gonna be running 2200 rms through my truck and am just wondering what size alt I should run? I'm thinking a 200 amp alt should do the job with 1 system devoted batt but I'm not an expert. Any input? If I wanted to run 3500rms in the future should I go with a bigger alt or will this do the job?

Thanks,

Nova

guessing your runnin AQ and try getting a 200a alt or larger and yes 1 or more batts for the system in that back would do.

RE se xxx 18d2 (4)

Audioque 2200 (2)

DC Power 270XP blue

3 C&D fr310

Stinger wiring

CDT components

guessing your runnin AQ and try getting a 200a alt or larger and yes 1 or more batts for the system in that back would do.

It's in the cab, not the back. I'm also running rockford amps. 1 1000bd and 2 600.2's But it's a 1970 K10 Chev. that I'm starting on my custom interior. Putting some bucket seats and fabing my own center console. These trucks from the factory had the gas tank behind the seat so the cab has a recessed pocket for lack of a better description. I'm going to be covering the recessed part with some MDF and putting the battery or batteries back there along with a couple 6 1/2 comp sets in the MDF. You would have to see one to get what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I have the option of a 200 amp, 250 amp, and 300 amp alt. from excessive amperage. Which should I go with for 2200 RMS? I'll worry about the upgrading if it comes.

Edited by Nova

Earth, you feel me?

I just sent him an e-mail. Excessive amperage has pretty good prices so we'll see what DC can offer. Thanks guys.

But I still don't know what size alt. and batt's to run... ? :unknw:

Earth, you feel me?

I just sent him an e-mail. Excessive amperage has pretty good prices so we'll see what DC can offer. Thanks guys.

But I still don't know what size alt. and batt's to run... ? :unknw:

Yeah Nathan over there has really cheap prices but you can also try Dominick Iraggi, after running an alternator from him I don't think I would have it any other way ;)