Jailbreaking iPod Touch

3rd gen's use blackra1n but shit, you turn it off then it f*^ks up. You have to reset your iTouch which erases everything on your phone. Trust me, I had to do it 3 times. Waste of time to jailbreak it without a permanent jailbreak.

What! You dont have to restore it. Just run blackr1n again and you still keep everything (if it turns off)

btw on my ipod now so sorry if its mention mentioned

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

IF you JB it make sure you either disable SSH afterwards or change the root password... otherwise nasty people will SSH into your phone with the default password and fux0r with your shit.

I did quit a bit of research and saw that could happen, so I immediately changed it :P So far I am liking it being jailbroken, ran into a few errors trying to add sources but they ended up adding anyways with everything in them, so I ain't complaining haha

What! You dont have to restore it. Just run blackr1n again and you still keep everything (if it turns off)

btw on my ipod now so sorry if its mention mentioned

Yeah you don't have to restore it, you just plug it back into your computer and re-run blackra1n. Everything that you have done will still be there and fully functional.

Edited by kl0wn

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

I did quit a bit of research and saw that could happen, so I immediately changed it :P So far I am liking it being jailbroken, ran into a few errors trying to add sources but they ended up adding anyways with everything in them, so I ain't complaining haha

Yeah you don't have to restore it, you just plug it back into your computer and re-run blackra1n. Everything that you have done will still be there and fully functional.

yea. I dont think kn3.... Knew though because he said he had to restore 3 times. Lol, that would suck if you had to do restore evrytime it turned off

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

I jailbroke my Touch, 2G, the first day it became unteathered. I think it is worth every second. I run 2.2.1 SW, and havn't really heard or tryed to research the new 3.0+ SW. I think doing a teathered JB is kinda lame, but who turns off their touch? If you do it's not that hard to re jailbreak, although some apps become useless. I would do it. There are so many apps, and you can theme your ipod to make it any way you want it to. Also, there are apps that will allow you to stream movies and shows. Free games, and apps like Installous that will allow you DL cracked apps, for free, which is illegal.