Jailbreaking iPod Touch

Okay well I have used an iPod Nano since they first came out. I just recently got a touch for Christmas and I have been debating on if I should jailbreak it or not.

Well I have searched all over the net for the pros and cons of doing it, and I have searched on here and read a few topics about it; but I am still not sure.

I am running on the 3.1.2 OS btw.

Everything that I have been able to find about jailbreaking the 3.1.2 is that it will be a tethered jailbreak (using blackra1n), saying if I turn the ipod off I won't be able to turn it back on until I plug it back into a computer. This does not bother me, but one thing I could not find is if it is really stable or not? I don't really want to be running into any glitches.

Plus if I do start running into glitches or my ipod just stops working one day, will I be able to force it into recovery mode and restore it? I have seen videos of people doing it, but I couldn't find any actual facts or statements backing it up.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

What are the pros to jailbreaking? Free apps? I'm using my 2nd gen touch with the 2.1 os or whatever it is. I'll probably update to 3.1. I know I'll gain some functionality there, but I dunno why to jailbreak.

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

What's it doing to make it a pain in the ass?

Keeps frezzin on me... So now I have it Back to stock and no problems..."Might of just been the guy that did it but not sure and don't really want to find out..."

If you are ever satisfied, sounds like you gave up... Never Satisfied ~Team Ns~

mine never freezes or anything, but when you use blackrain you should really start out fresh then jailbreak so its as good as new that way

What you mean start out fresh? Like remove all my music, vids, photos, apps and everything from the touch and THEN jailbreaking it?

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz