Sonic Electronix

You'll have one ground going from your engine block to your battery, one ground going from battery to chassis, and one power wire, preferably fused, going from alternator to your battery. And this step really does help a ton with lights dimming, you might want to let your buddy know :)

I just told him. But where do i have to place the fuse from Battery+ to Amp and how much A fuse do i have to get?

Qts is 0.55 for that sub, so just going off that I'd say a sealed box, but if you go to Rockford Fosgates website it'll show you ported and sealed recommended enclosures.

Thanks!

Being a total noob in car audio. I chose for the RF P3D412 to hook it up in 2 ohms on my amp so i can get 500w out of it.

In 4 ohm the amp puts out 300w. Is that P2D212 much better than a P3D412?\

About the box, whats better. Ported or Sealed. I always thought that ported was for loudness. Sealed for SQ.

Edited by BlackWhizz

No, i dont have anything about chinese amps. But he said the amp cost him like 75 euros so it cant be 500w. That alpine unit is 230 euros.

there are MANY good amps that come from overseas (china, japan etc)

mb quart's Discus series speakers sound amazing. the tweeters get very loud and do not break up at high volumes.

there are MANY good amps that come from overseas (china, japan etc)

mb quart's Discus series speakers sound amazing. the tweeters get very loud and do not break up at high volumes.

But i dont trust a 500w amp which he bought for like 75 euros. That just cant be 500w.

MB Quart is probably a good brand (as you guys reccomend them), but its real hard to get them in the Netherlands so warrantys wil probably also be hard to work with.

Ill stick to a better to get brand so i dont have that much trouble with warranties.

Is there somewhere a article wichs tells you the pro's and cons of a ported and sealed box? I want to hit the real lows (30-35hz).

If you're going to spend $300 on a subwoofer just get the Fi SSD 12" fully loaded it should be around $250 including shipping. I have the same thing but a 15" on only a alpine MRP450 (400RMS) and it friggin gets low... also I'd recommend vented box for lows.