First, i want to excuse me for my weak English. Im from Holland so its not my main language.
The question:
In my next car (probably a VW Golf / Polo) i want great sound. By that, i mean not just bass, but also mids and highs. Also im on a budget.
Also i dont know that much about car audio. I havent wired up a amp (sorry, bassheads ). My friends have some installs but they use low quality components (one with a golf has as chinese amp of 500 chinese watts, the other has a much better JBL amp with 630w [but his lights dim on bass peaks]). I want to do it right.
To summarize it:
- Good SQ (Mids/highs, but mainly BASS)
- On a budget
- Good components
So i thought about a Alpine headunit (and my samsung NC10 as a car PC) for mids/highs and a Alpine MRP-M500 (500w RMS monoblock) for bass with some RF subwoofer (which one?).
Is this a good choice or does it suck?
Also i need a box. I want to make it myself, because i have all the materials for it (table saw, router etc etc)