Second Skin Audio

question about fi subs

i was wondering with the options that it gives you when you buy the fi subs on what they actually do and which ones i should get.

configure speaker - dual 1 or dual 2

flat wind coil

copper coil

bp power

build for when i get back from iraq

(4) Fi SSD 12s

(2) aq 2200d

(2) xs3100

high output alt.

big 3

6th order blow through

dual 1 and dual 2 are just different voice coil ohm loads. allows you to wire the subs to the lowest ohm load possible for every amp on the market.

copper coil adds some weight to the cone and all the other soft parts (like spiders, cone etc) so the sound quality will be a tad higher

edit: From ***

The BP option option adds a machined aluminum compression plug to the pole which helps channel all of the air under the dustcap around the coil for better cooling. To aid with this increased airflow we also add 6 axial cooling channels in the top plate. Along with increased thermal capacity comes the addition of an extra spider and a changed spider pack for a little extra mechanical ability.

Flatwind: The flatwire coil option simply helps the power handling of the sub. The coil has more surface area to dissipate heat and will take more power then the regular round wire coil that comes in the stock version of the sub.

Edited by Kranny

i plan on running 4 12 inch ssd's on two aq2200d amps. which ohm load should i go with. in your oppinon is getting the options worth the extra money.

(4) Fi SSD 12s

(2) aq 2200d

(2) xs3100

high output alt.

big 3

6th order blow through

i plan on running 4 12 inch ssd's on two aq2200d amps. which ohm load should i go with. in your oppinon is getting the options worth the extra money.

in your case, yes go with the Flatwind and BP

2_1ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

and i seriously hope you upgrade your electrical with those 2 amps.

yes i am. high output alternator, two batteries in the back, big three

(4) Fi SSD 12s

(2) aq 2200d

(2) xs3100

high output alt.

big 3

6th order blow through

when i wire the subs up like shown above and go to set the gain for the amp. i set it up to put out 1600 watts right. so it should be 40 volts? did i do that right?

that would put make it so its 800 watts per sub correct?

Edited by thnefosp

(4) Fi SSD 12s

(2) aq 2200d

(2) xs3100

high output alt.

big 3

6th order blow through

when i wire the subs up like shown above and go to set the gain for the amp. i set it up to put out 1600 watts right. so it should be 40 volts? did i do that right?

that would put make it so its 800 watts per sub correct?

you can put 1000 to each sub you dont have to worry.

but 1600rms is 40v

2000rms is 44.72v

basicallly Watts X Resistance (ohms) then take that total and find the square root of it. and that equals the voltage you need.

go to the fi site and click tech and click on the sub your looking at and it tells you what the stuff means or what its used for.

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

thanks for youre help. all this reading is actually setting in and im learning alot from this site. i think im pretty much set on everything. just got to get back and get started. the box design is whats killing me. thats one part im not understanding. probably just pay somebody to design the box. thanks agian for everybodies help.

(4) Fi SSD 12s

(2) aq 2200d

(2) xs3100

high output alt.

big 3

6th order blow through