Second Skin Audio

Breaking in subs.

just play them. you don't really need to break them in.

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

I just got a new pair of subs. Ive got about an hour of easy play on them. They are being given there RMS or about 50 under. What do you suggest I do to break them in? Just take it easy for a few more hours? I want to slam them but don't want to blow one. Thanks.

how do you know uve been giving them their rms?

over the coarse of a few weeks everything softens up depending on weather

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

How do I know I am giving them thee RMS? because of how much my amp puts out. Alright guys ill take your word for it. Ill slam the hell outta em and just back off if i hear any bottoming out or it starts to smell.

did u set ur gain with a dmm

if not you do not know if u are giving them rms

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

How do I know I am giving them thee RMS? because of how much my amp puts out. Alright guys ill take your word for it. Ill slam the hell outta em and just back off if i hear any bottoming out or it starts to smell.

your amp doesnt put out whatever it says when you have the gain at some random point. its way more complicated than that.

how did you tune your gains, just turning the knob or by using a DMM or oscilloscope

I didnt do it. The shop i go to that does great work does. They set the gain. Its set where it needs to be.

well then if you trust them so much ask them about breaking in the subs instead of us

you dont know how they set the gain, so i stand behind the fact that You do not know if it is set to rms... hopefully they have good ears which most good shops do

its just nice to know that with the laws of physics ur gain is set correctly, instead of someones ears

(rms*resistance)sqrt = ac voltage

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

did u set ur gain with a dmm

if not you do not know if u are giving them rms

actualy ill argue that. if you dont use a clamp meter then you dont know if you are giving them rms. the dmm can show the correct voltage but you wont see if you have ohm rise.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.