Hey, to introduce myself.

I`m 18 and i come from freegin cold a$$ place called Norway.

You could consider me a car stereofreak and ive been into cars and stereos since i was 8 years old.

And now i want to build something that can knock some socks off. BUT on a budget.

What i have now is:

-Headunit: Pioneer DEH-P580MP

-Front: Just a set of 3" Memphis Car Audio speakers. Will get 2 sets of 6.5" SPL Dynamics to have in the doors SOON.

-Rear: SPL Dynamics Speakers.

-Amp: (Probably unknown to you) But its Soundmagus X-1502 Rated at 1500wRms @ 1ohm

-Sub(s): Audiopipe TXX-AP12RD seeing 1000wRms @ 2ohm (another TXX is in the mail, comin saturday MABY)

-Electrical: Its a stock alternator, but i`m off to buy a optima yellow top tomorrow and im allso doing "The Big 3"

And for starters i will say that i`m going to get another amp. So both are seeing 1000wRms.

And then over to the box.

I see allot of you make big boxes bit huge ports and stuff like that. And i want something that will knock some socks off.

I want something is the style of the box that maede has in his tahoe, because i find them nice to look at and it seems to work rather good:D

My max dimensions are:

36" W

16-17" H

23-24" D

As this is a small car i don`t have that much room to play with.

I know not everyone likes those subs, but i find them ok, and they are cheap to.

So i was hoping you can give me some pointers on how to design a box that will do the job.

I`m off to a competition the 18th of june, so i better get crackin on something fast.

Thanks in advance.

ND.

Hertz - Pioneer - Zealum

so ur going to use two subs well there is a calculator that i used on my box that worked great and i know it did my subs slam now that they are in a tuned box http://reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html

u can use this just put in your demension and u have to change the width of the port and l2 port to get the right tuning and u should tune in between 32 and 35 hertz will be good

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Hey man welcome. Im half norwegian. My mom and family is from there. And we still have many family members there. Good luck wit ur build.

Edited by civichatch

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire