Sonic Electronix

Highs Amp Problem- White Noise

Today i hooked up my little sound storm 200 watt amp that i got for free to a single 1" dome tweet and a 6x9 and both times i could here a considerable amount of white noise. I do not know what could be the problem.. Maby the amp is bad, or maby the RCA's? Any suggestion? Even with the gain down all the way it still does it and it just gets louder when i turn the gain up!

2002 FORD EXPLORER PACKED WITH SOME CHEAP SUBWOOFERS!

Like a hiss? Do you still get the hiss when you unplug your RCAs from the amp? If not, then you have some sort of noise or issue in your RCAs or upstream of your amp. If it still has the noise with the RCAs unplugged, then it is the amp.

My system tries this if things aren't set properly. My signal path- Head unit to eq, eq to active x-over, xover to the amps. If you have any processors or components upstream, then it could be coming from them or from having your levels set incorrectly. If anything upstream has an issue, it will just be amplified by the time it gets to your amp and out of your speakers. Set everything with levels all the way down and then start from the beginning (head unit) and set the levels as high as you can (for cleanest strongest signal) before you get any noise, then go down the line doing the same thing. That is the ear method- to do it right you really need an O-scope and a DMM.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Either you have a bad ground or it's the amp. Soundstorm is pretty poo anyway so I wouldn't be surprised if it's the amp.

x2 this, but unplug the rca's to see if its the rca's or the actual amp.

Well today i hooked up my new amp to power the four tweeters and ran into an even bigger problem... Not only do i have a hissing noise comming from all four tweeters when everything is at 0, but now i can also here my motor through the tweeters! the power wire is on the opposite side of the car! Also, when i turn my volume down to zero, there is a loud thud from the subs! This is very frustrating and have no idea what to do...

2002 FORD EXPLORER PACKED WITH SOME CHEAP SUBWOOFERS!

Archived