Second Skin Audio

Need Suggestions On Box For 18

Depending on how much room you actually have(you didn't list the actual depth) I'd go with something like 7ft3 @ 35hz w/ 90-100in^2 of port area.. Sub facing up, ports facing the rear and you should be good to go. Just make sure that the woofer has proper room to reach full excursion without the chance of it hitting the top of the trunk area. Also have enough room to make sure the box isn't choking the trunk off from the rest of the car.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

if its anything like hte 2nd gen cavalier trunks i wouldent go bigger then 36 wide ( trunk brakets are exatly 36...need to bend a bit to get in) 14 tall ( trunk springs are a bit taller... need clearance for sub) and 31 deep ( any deeper will be hard to get into the car and you need room for air to go)

that leaves room onto of the wheel wells for air to get around the box and into the cabin

hope that helps

its will be a pain in the ass to get into the car but its do able

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Well guys i kinda wanna face the sub and port to the rear so on same side of box. I took my spare tire out and I have room down there to where in the middle of a square box cut out the bottom in a 24 wide and a 10 to 12 deep piece out and make a box to fit there so that would give me enough space to mount the sub straight up and down with it facing to the back.

Little Paint LOL

18box.jpg

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Whats Up you think if I built something like that it would be ok like 3.5 cubes at 30 hertz, or you think ill need more space

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

With a single 18 + not a lot of power I'd suggest going much larger than that... What are the actual dimensions that you're working with??

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

go to RE enclosure calculator on google you can customize your own box to the specs you want it at!

thats what i did for my re sx 18"! and try to find out the recomended specs for it so you can build your box around it

"yes... it will play like that all day!"

With a single 18 + not a lot of power I'd suggest going much larger than that... What are the actual dimensions that you're working with??

Working with this is demensions of max width 38 and height 15 and depth 15

go to RE enclosure calculator on google you can customize your own box to the specs you want it at!

thats what i did for my re sx 18"! and try to find out the recomended specs for it so you can build your box around it

I am thinking of using it cause I have used it before I was thinking maybe 12 high and 20 deep by 38 wide that will be bout 4 cubes.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

well it tells you all the specs after you type them in and you can mess around with it and make a long port the bottom or or a ong one across the baffle just mess around with the WxLxH

how many cubes are you at and what tuning freguency how loud is yours , what kinda car.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"