Second Skin Audio

New Box Recommendations for a single cab Ranger

hey guys i was considering building another box for my ranger because i was informed by a guy on the ca fourms that mine had alot of dead space around the port any ideas for a new enclosure that would eliminate this problem the equipment i am running is in my sig

thanks in advance

-Stephen

Edited by Steph3n1

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

I'd say build something in the neighborhood of - 2.75-3ft3 @ 34hz w/ 40-45in^2 of port. For a BL 12 off of that amp, something like that should be ideal. Idk what direction you want to have the woofer/port be, since idk what works best in that truck.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

I'd say build something in the neighborhood of - 2.75-3ft3 @ 34hz w/ 40-45in^2 of port. For a BL 12 off of that amp, something like that should be ideal. Idk what direction you want to have the woofer/port be, since idk what works best in that truck.

all i could squeeze out was 2.2 cf :(. but im thinking external aeros but im not sure how id go about doing it considering the flare on a 4'' is 6.75'' and the most i can fit for the top depth on my box is 6''

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

my youtube channel

imgsize.jpg

Invert the woofer maybe depending on what direction the woofer is firing and you should pick up like .12-.2ft3 and maybe look into a couple 3" aeros instead... Also you could just pick up some straight 4" PVC from like Home Depot and make a smaller flare yourself that would fit better. It's not that difficult to flare PVC yourself as long as you're careful and take your time, plus if you fuck it up it's not that expensive lol.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Invert the woofer maybe depending on what direction the woofer is firing and you should pick up like .12-.2ft3 and maybe look into a couple 3" aeros instead... Also you could just pick up some straight 4" PVC from like Home Depot and make a smaller flare yourself that would fit better. It's not that difficult to flare PVC yourself as long as you're careful and take your time, plus if you fuck it up it's not that expensive lol.

yea as of now the woofer is firing into the drivers side seat so therefore the only way id go about inverting it is removing the center console and doing it that way. how much port area would a 3'' areo have? and how would i go about flaring a piece of pvc?

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

my youtube channel

imgsize.jpg

god building boxes for single cabs is a major PITA haha

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

my youtube channel

imgsize.jpg

X muthafuc*in 2!!!!!!!!!!! :friends:

Just imagine having a SUV! So easy!

haha i know thats why i think there should b a single cab class. i know right 90 degree angles vs weird jacked up boxes that conform to the space we got just so we can get enough volume. not to mention when the windows are rolled up you get insane impedance rise :fool:

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

my youtube channel

imgsize.jpg

haha i know thats why i think there should b a single cab class. i know right 90 degree angles vs weird jacked up boxes that conform to the space we got just so we can get enough volume. not to mention when the windows are rolled up you get insane impedance rise :fool:

Impedance rise? really? Always wondered why it was louder with the windows down,... I always asked but no-one ever answered "correctly".

But yea us single-cabers have it tough, boxes have to look like origami at times.

Edit: Guess I should stop dumping :) , ...On-Topic: Here is a link to a site I just found for flaring PVC. Link

Double-Edit: Also fyi, I sold the HDC3, to tall for a single-cab. Maybe go with RD :hairtrick: .

Edited by iTech

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

Impedance rise? really? Always wondered why it was louder with the windows down,... I always asked but no-one ever answered "correctly".

But yea us single-cabers have it tough, boxes have to look like origami at times.

yup the lack of airspace inside the cab of the vehicle causes impedance rise and i know i say the plans for that hdc3 of yours definately origami like

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

my youtube channel

imgsize.jpg