Today someone in the school parking lot decided that it would be cool to put a nice lil dent in my bed about the size of a half dollar coin. My truck just spent 4 months in the body shop getting completely redone btw. So anyways my question is, is there anyway that i can pull the dent without scratching my fresh paint?

a0xp5g.jpg-2 AQ HDC3 15's-'Nendo 3KWP @ .5-7.75cuft @ 30hz-Alpine CDA-117-4 Cadence PA 8's

-AQ 200.2-2 AQ Supertweeters-XS Power D3400-270a Mecman Alt

-Knu Konceptz Wire

Today someone in the school parking lot decided that it would be cool to put a nice lil dent in my bed about the size of a half dollar coin. My truck just spent 4 months in the body shop getting completely redone btw. So anyways my question is, is there anyway that i can pull the dent without scratching my fresh paint?

depends on location, size, and depth

pictures?

if its in the right spot, and no metal is bent or creased, you may be able to do it without hurting the paint.

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

depends on location, size, and depth

pictures?

if its in the right spot, and no metal is bent or creased, you may be able to do it without hurting the paint.

Ill get a pic tomorrow, and thats the problem, the dent is right at the top of the bed where it starts to taper in so its kinda like a beveled edge or rounded off i guess would be the better way to put it.

a0xp5g.jpg-2 AQ HDC3 15's-'Nendo 3KWP @ .5-7.75cuft @ 30hz-Alpine CDA-117-4 Cadence PA 8's

-AQ 200.2-2 AQ Supertweeters-XS Power D3400-270a Mecman Alt

-Knu Konceptz Wire

http://www.northolmstedperformance.com/services/dent-repair

we have a guy on site every day anyways check your local car dealer

or look for dent wizard

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

Ill get a pic tomorrow, and thats the problem, the dent is right at the top of the bed where it starts to taper in so its kinda like a beveled edge or rounded off i guess would be the better way to put it.

if thats the case, then you'll probably have some trouble gettin it out without hurting the paint.

PDR is about the only option you can try, so get in contact with somebody in your area offering the service for a reasonable price. PDR around here is roughly $50 for the first dent, and $20 for any other dent. its going to depend a lot on location of the dent and size of it (again)

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

Or you could invest in a nice but cheap pair of Push Rods to get it out. Then you'd have the tools if it were to happen again.

1992 Cadillac SeVille STS

Pioneer DEH-P7600MD

Pioneer Premier Surround

JL Audio 10W7 Ported

Kenwood KAC-7203

Kicker ZX350x4

My YouTube

didn't work for me but its worth a shot in your case..

get a source of heat like a heat gun or hair dryer and blow it on the dent and surrounding area for about a minute to 2 minutes then immediately blast the same area with cold air

the change in temperature should pop the dent but like I said it didn't work for me

you might have better luck and it doesn't ruin your paint

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

didn't work for me but its worth a shot in your case..

get a source of heat like a heat gun or hair dryer and blow it on the dent and surrounding area for about a minute to 2 minutes then immediately blast the same area with cold air

the change in temperature should pop the dent but like I said it didn't work for me

this is a myth more than anything.

you CAN do it if the dent is just right, but 99% of the time the dent is too deep/too severe for it to work

in his case (at the top part of his bed) he has no chance in getting it out with that

edit**

plus you should never use heat on metal and paint. the metal used on vehicles today shouldnt be subjected to heat like that because it will change it's structural integrity. the heat can also warp the metal a bit and can cause the paint to lose some of its bond to the substrate.

Edited by J00bles

this is a myth more than anything.

you CAN do it if the dent is just right, but 99% of the time the dent is too deep/too severe for it to work

in his case (at the top part of his bed) he has no chance in getting it out with that

he said in the bed I didn't read the top part of the bed but yeah I was just throwing it out there

and don't worry bro I'm in the same boat as you I was cleaning my rims and look across at my doors and I had one big door ding but then I counted like 4 more.. crazy how some people just whip open their door with no respect to whats next to them.

and when you decide who you go with can you PM me or post it up here I want to get mine taken care of pretty soon

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

for the hot cold thing, i did a heat gun, then canned air turned upside down so the freezy stuff sprays on the metal, it contracts the outside causing it to pull forward. it kinda only works on thin gauge metal with subtle curves, the spot you described it prob wont help.

if you can get behind it, i've banged them out with a body spoon and hammer, but its something that usually takes some practice to get right

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC