Sonic Electronix

I want your opinions and suggestions. Please.

Ok I just started 2nd semester my junior year high school. My second semester in Advanced Physics. First semester I dabled in the acoustical side of a box for my independent project. Click here to view the post. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...=64923&st=0. This semester i have to do an electronics kind of thing. So what should I do? Maybe like a sensor for some interior LED's to make them flash to the bass or something small like that. I am open to any and all suggestions though and I appreciate any suggestions. Also, no videos yet from the box. I havent made it to the store yet to buy some caulking. The plexi window that is on the top and slanted face is letting out too much air. When I put some stuff in the path it almost doubled the volume so yes the box works but not 100% yet. I need caulk.

Edit: Part about vids and box.

Edit 2: I plan on majoring in eletrical engineering with a minor in acoustical engineering so even if you might find it challenging for a junior in high school toss it up becuase I would love a challenge. I do have a base of understanding with circuits and electronics, but by no means am I saying that I know everything. I know i have a metric ton to learn.

Edited by bcpballer64

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Ok I just started 2nd semester my junior year high school. My second semester in Advanced Physics. First semester I dabled in the acoustical side of a box for my independent project. Click here to view the post. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...=64923&st=0. This semester i have to do an electronics kind of thing. So what should I do? Maybe like a sensor for some interior LED's to make them flash to the bass or something small like that. I am open to any and all suggestions though and I appreciate any suggestions. Also, no videos yet from the box. I havent made it to the store yet to buy some caulking. The plexi window that is on the top and slanted face is letting out too much air. When I put some stuff in the path it almost doubled the volume so yes the box works but not 100% yet. I need caulk.

Edit: Part about vids and box.

Edit 2: I plan on majoring in eletrical engineering with a minor in acoustical engineering so even if you might find it challenging for a junior in high school toss it up becuase I would love a challenge. I do have a base of understanding with circuits and electronics, but by no means am I saying that I know everything. I know i have a metric ton to learn.

I know im qouting myself but instead of a new thread I thought i would add to this. What about a dB meter? Is there anything any of you guys have wanted to have or build small electronics wise? This is a brainstorming thread so any and all ideas please.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Here is a video of my first semester project.

Just in case it doesn't work embedded.

Bump for replies.

Please peoples. I need some ideas. Anything you want to toss out there.

what was the point of the video

you made excuses all the way through it...

do something cutting edge or with the times. try showing perpetual motion :)

actually do a solar project or a wind project generating electricity

I actually have a great one but unfortunately patents come to play as I have yet to do it, but I could be rich and shameless and with it you could possibly drive from new york to Cali with 1 gallon of gas, and at speeds of up to 300 mph... seriously

non nuc either

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

BTW, if i was having my kid in high school (which I have a freshman and a Senior) I would want them paying off their education by not dabbling with car audio or talking about bass, as there is real no point or benefit

laser, IR, solar, thermal, wind generated electricity is what needs focused on as it is the modern times and the future

what was the point of the video

you made excuses all the way through it...

do something cutting edge or with the times. try showing perpetual motion :)

actually do a solar project or a wind project generating electricity

I actually have a great one but unfortunately patents come to play as I have yet to do it, but I could be rich and shameless and with it you could possibly drive from new york to Cali with 1 gallon of gas, and at speeds of up to 300 mph... seriously

non nuc either

People just wanted to see the box playing, i didnt know what else to say. times? what did you mean by that? U an engineer?

BTW, if i was having my kid in high school (which I have a freshman and a Senior) I would want them paying off their education by not dabbling with car audio or talking about bass, as there is real no point or benefit

laser, IR, solar, thermal, wind generated electricity is what needs focused on as it is the modern times and the future

I understand what you are saying about the future and the different technologies. I should look into that, i would like to tie it into car audio though. Im not planning on going into car audio after my engineering degree i just would like to do it on the side. Wind energy is huge in my county we have over 400 wind turbines.

there is nothing worth while in acoustics, sorry to say, it would only be a few people who really care

I really can't see anyone caring enough about an enclosure, I see no usable science in it, it has been pretty much explored to the extent...'

technology is the wave of the future, not an 18" woofer... as a hobby it will be fun... for sure

but science/engineering do something freaking cool... not a look at me i have woofers video and make excuses throughout the video on why it sounds bad, not mounted, and whatever other 20 excuses you made... ;)

Well i will definatly take that into consideration for my future. I appreciate the advice.