Second Skin Audio

what would be the better choice in setup?

well im thinkin bout my new setup n i want somethin diff n was wondering what would be a better choice for a 1000rms@1ohm amp

right now i got 2 mtx8000 15's that gives me around 353.43 cone area

and i was thinkin either 4 of these 10's ported http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Co...sid/0/SFV/30046 wit around 314.16 cone area

or 4 of these 12's sealed http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_...t_FWA_304S.aspx wit around 452.39 cone area

i want somethin loud and low but still has good sq response

i kno more cone area= :hairtrick: but i unno if ported vs sealed has anything to do with it,

the 12's was gunna be in a downfire sealed box and the 10's in an upfireing ported box

im gettin tired of my 15's not being loud enough anymore and when i rebuild im thinkin bout gettin a set of qlogic kick pannels for my comp set and ima put my rear coax in the front doors so i have more space in back of my truck for box

so what yall think will be a good upgrade, all im tryin to do is get subs that will work wit my current memphis pr1000.1 amp without changeing anything so i can still be on a budget

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

well im thinkin bout my new setup n i want somethin diff n was wondering what would be a better choice for a 1000rms@1ohm amp

right now i got 2 mtx8000 15's that gives me around 353.43 cone area

and i was thinkin either 4 of these 10's ported http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Co...sid/0/SFV/30046 wit around 314.16 cone area

or 4 of these 12's sealed http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_...t_FWA_304S.aspx wit around 452.39 cone area

i want somethin loud and low but still has good sq response

i kno more cone area= :hairtrick: but i unno if ported vs sealed has anything to do with it,

the 12's was gunna be in a downfire sealed box and the 10's in an upfireing ported box

im gettin tired of my 15's not being loud enough anymore and when i rebuild im thinkin bout gettin a set of qlogic kick pannels for my comp set and ima put my rear coax in the front doors so i have more space in back of my truck for box

so what yall think will be a good upgrade, all im tryin to do is get subs that will work wit my current memphis pr1000.1 amp without changeing anything so i can still be on a budget

HAVE U CONSIDERED A SINGlE QUALITY WOOFER..U ONLY GOT 1K IT CAN ONLY GO SO FAR I GOT 1K ALSO IM LOUUD AND CLEAN..but im already ready for a upgrade..look in to dc audio lvl 4 or fi or other of the quality not main sream companies to get u in a better place with ur choices...and the extra cash u can put on wire and electical ...

JAMES SAID..

you dont need 1500 for a WOOFER people just love overpowering rather then building for the power recommended

THATS A SMART GUY...

those are quality woofers n i got quality woofers already, and i got good electrical already, when i do a complete upgrade im goin to around 3kw with maby 4 15's or 2 18's in a half wall but thats when i get a job, im goin back to school for my hvac license so i can make some good money and im just workin off a sign up check as it is, so all i can do is subs

mbquarts are good subs and so are those mtx6000's, and i got enough power for either set so i unno witch one to go with, im thinkin 4 12's would sound good, but ive always wanted 4 10's too, i might just get 4 12's, i aint lookin for 1 sub i want cone area, ya dc,fi,aa,dd,ss,sd all those are good brands but im lookin at somethin cheap, i unno if ied go with another set of 15's or not, my downfire gets pritty loud for what it is but i want more, im either gunna do an upfireing ported box for now n wait till i get enough money for a comeplete overhawl or spend $200 or so on 4 subs n try that

im more into sql than spl, i want loud clear music, i been thinkin of other brands but i dont want to upgrade an amp right now for somethin i aint gunna have for a while

i want to do a loud system in my geo n just go sq with my truck but i cant get a big enough box in it so i guess my truck will be for sound n my geo for w/e

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Archived