i wanna see someone blow a 200+ amp fuse on purpose just to see if it will acually blow, cause when my buddy was takeing shit out of one of my friends cars they was a 4 or 0guage wire just layin down in the trunk tub with no tape or anything on the end with bare wire sticking out n it still hooked up, n when he went to look under the hood the 150amp fuse was glowing red but didn't blow

so this brings me to the point of, i wanna see if these huge ass fuses will acually blow if they had to,

can someone wit shit ton of batteries hook up a lil circuit of 0guage or somethin n ground it out n see if u can get a fuse to blow, cause the 300amp fuses are as thick as some welding rod n i just wanna see how acuratly raited like will a 250amp fuse blow at 251 amps? i mean im not doubting them to blow but i want to make sure they will acually blow if somethin bad happined cause all of these ppl sayin fuse this n fuse that but this makes me think,

ok i have 2 batteries and a run of 0guage from front to back and a knu 250amp fuse up front but nothing in the back and this is why, ok if i added another 250amp fuse back there wont this make my main line fused @500amps? this makes me think cause i took electrical in highschool n i kno theres a big diff on how the amps work from a residential home vs in a car audio setup but i want to get this str8 that cant u have to much fusing and without the right amount of amps flowing threw the wire to blow it from a short wont it ketch fire befor blowing a fuse?

this aint a rant but i want to kno without a shadow of a doubt that a higher amp fuse will blow when it needs to, cause without enough backfeed in amps cause it to keep arking instead of blowing?

i would try this but i dont have enough power in amps to acually blow a fuse witch leads to the post i just made^

this post was tward him asking how to fuse his back battery so it is on topic :)

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Fusing for the amp makes no sense, you fuse for your wire. if your wire can carry only 200 amps you dont get a 300 amp fuse your wire would burn up if your amp is pulling that much wattage. what kind of wire do you plan on running and what size thats whats needed to tell you what size fuse you need

I run a BOAT LOAD of these...... I really like them for the price http://www.darvex.com/ANL1010P/XScorpion+ANL+Fuseholder.html

Ive got 6 of these right now... they arent installed but i tinkered with them and they look and feel pretty sturdy ... ill need like 4 more for my install lol

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

ok i have 2 batteries and a run of 0guage from front to back and a knu 250amp fuse up front but nothing in the back and this is why, ok if i added another 250amp fuse back there wont this make my main line fused @500amps? this makes me think cause i took electrical in highschool n i kno theres a big diff on how the amps work from a residential home vs in a car audio setup but i want to get this str8 that cant u have to much fusing and without the right amount of amps flowing threw the wire to blow it from a short wont it ketch fire befor blowing a fuse?

this aint a rant but i want to kno without a shadow of a doubt that a higher amp fuse will blow when it needs to, cause without enough backfeed in amps cause it to keep arking instead of blowing?

i would try this but i dont have enough power in amps to acually blow a fuse witch leads to the post i just made^

this post was tward him asking how to fuse his back battery so it is on topic :)

the fuses only allow 250 amps to flow through them so no its not 500 its 250. you must not have paid too much attention lol

these are what i have in the caddy to connect my batts, fuse my old sub amp and for the big 3. they do what the need to do and i haven't had a problem with them under the hood and in the trunk

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.c...tnumber=263-630

Edited by flashlight_65