HID Legal Trouble?

i started out with 8000k then went to 1500k and neither was hardly blue at all never had any trouble then i stepped all the way up to 30000k and went for about a month and got a ticket somewhere not my home town. Never even got pulled over for them where i live so there stayin in.

I dont think the average cop will bother you up to around 12k

8000 and 15000 not blue? wtf brand of bulbs did you get.

Yeah, most 6000k kits are diamond white.

Most projectors don't even use HID bulbs they still use normal halogens. The lighting and the way it works may make you think twice about it though.

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

ive got 8000k, always get hassel from people on the road flashing me saying there too bright but not been done by the cops

Dan Plummer - 1x DC sounds Level4 15" - 800wrms - 3.5 cuft Ported Box - Rover 25

Peak= 142.2dB @ 40Hz

40Hz= 142.2dB

33Hz= 139.6dB

25Hz= 136.8dB

20Hz= 136.1dB

:01nocomment8so: Sometimes i think people on smd are mentally challenged

read up dumbass

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headlamp

your gonna fuckin tell me wikipedia has wrong info?

i think your challeneged a little research to prove a point > you

ive got 8000k, always get hassel from people on the road flashing me saying there too bright but not been done by the cops

that means your headlights are adjusted too high. simple as that

read up dumbass

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headlamp

your gonna fuckin tell me wikipedia has wrong info?

i think your challeneged a little research to prove a point > you

LMFAO! I haven't read any of your posts but YES wikipedia does have wrong info ANYONE can edit what is said on wikipedia

:rofl:

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

x2.... i have 8k and (knock on wood) havent had any issues other than random people flashing their brights at me........

yea i have the 12k and people often flash their brights. also got pulled over for speeding (only 39 in a 35, cop just wanted to check insurance, license, ect.) he just gave me a warning and was cool about it and i asked him about my lights and he said they were fine but it was also during the day lol. alot brighter at night

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Does anybody on here ever get into legal trouble for their HIDs? I want to get a 6000K Xentec kit but I am sort of afraid of getting pulled over and having ended up wasting my money.

You shouldn't have too much issue with HIDs unless you are producing tons of glare. You should always try to find housings

designed for HIDs or some sort of projector setup

Archived