HID Legal Trouble?

Does anybody on here ever get into legal trouble for their HIDs? I want to get a 6000K Xentec kit but I am sort of afraid of getting pulled over and having ended up wasting my money.

depending on your area you can or will get pulled over if they have any blue to them they are illegal..no worries mine are blue also so im getting pulled over sooner or later as well

i have 6k on my explorer

Does anybody on here ever get into legal trouble for their HIDs? I want to get a 6000K Xentec kit but I am sort of afraid of getting pulled over and having ended up wasting my money.

Someone on this forum a few days ago ran into trouble because of his HIDS and window tint.

Maybe if you go with a white color HID kit instead of the blue, purple, green, and other colors you will decrease the chances of getting pulled over. Just my $.02

depending on your area you can or will get pulled over if they have any blue to them they are illegal..no worries mine are blue also so im getting pulled over sooner or later as well

i have 6k on my explorer

x2.... i have 8k and (knock on wood) havent had any issues other than random people flashing their brights at me........

2003 Toyota Sequoia

Pioneer 4100dvd

Memphis PR6.5 3ways in all four doors

Memphis PR 15s (4)

Memphis PR 1.1000 (2)

Memphis PR 4.50 (1)

Optima Yellowtop (2)

Viper 5901

8000k H.I.D. kit

15% tint (2layers)

Someone on this forum a few days ago ran into trouble because of his HIDS and window tint.

Maybe if you go with a white color HID kit instead of the blue, purple, green, and other colors you will decrease the chances of getting pulled over. Just my $.02

yeah I read that too. He got 10000K though which, in my opinion, is asking to get pulled over (even though it looks sweet as fuck)

I heard you won't get pulled over for 6000K, but anything more than that and there is a chance of it.

26's kind of attracted that one as well :lol:

but yup depending on your area..

I've had my 12k's for a while no problems been pulled over twice at night and no comment about my HID's

anything other than stock is illegal.

the test I heard about is they will hold a white paper in front of your lights and if it turns up any other color than white or yellow then ticket

EDIT: and aim them right nothing says ticket me like BLINDING HID's no matter what color they are

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Some of them that aren't adjusted appropriately are ticket worthy... if you have no cut off an you are shining your HID's straight.. I think you should be shot... You blind EVERYONE in front of you hundreds of feet ahead. Most of the tickets around here are issued because of cut off issues, not so much the fact that you have them from what I've seen. This is coming from someone who does 30-40 installs a week. In most states altering the color of your bulb is considered to be illegal... So in a sense any cop could ticket you for any color lights that isn't white... or the homo *amber* for some of your turn signals and such. I'd check your states law first though.

I'm a big fan of the 5k kits myself, It's the brightest and will actually improve visibility rather than decrease it.

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

Some of them that aren't adjusted appropriately are ticket worthy... if you have no cut off an you are shining your HID's straight.. I think you should be shot... You blind EVERYONE in front of you hundreds of feet ahead. Most of the tickets around here are issued because of cut off issues, not so much the fact that you have them from what I've seen. This is coming from someone who does 30-40 installs a week. In most states altering the color of your bulb is considered to be illegal... So in a sense any cop could ticket you for any color lights that isn't white... or the homo *amber* for some of your turn signals and such. I'd check your states law first though.

I'm a big fan of the 5k kits myself, It's the brightest and will actually improve visibility rather than decrease it.

that sucks get a bigger vehicle. i roll a truck lifted on 37s i drive with my brights on cause i can see better so its better for me. if not tint the fuck outa your rear window.

that sucks get a bigger vehicle. i roll a truck lifted on 37s i drive with my brights on cause i can see better so its better for me. if not tint the fuck outa your rear window.

I don't really see how your situation is relevant to this thread, but okay!

You must not fully understand what not having a cut off means if you are responding in such a way though. It doesn't really matter how high or low your truck sits in most situations... If you are driving in the middle lane a 6 lane freeway 3 going south and 3 going north on each side. You are in the middle lane headed north bound and people are headed south in the furthest lane away from you. An you can STILL see a glare off the paint on their car, license plate, window, metal signs across the opposite side bouncing off of your reflectors or THEM for that matter. There's an issue is all that I was pointing out.

Maybe where you live cops don't give a damn. This guy is trying to avoid wasting his money and time on something he'll have to take out and pay a ticket for though.

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

Archived