Second Skin Audio

Need some slot port help

Ive been trying to get the numbers right for my slot port for my 2.5 cubic foot box tuned to 36Hz. But im new to building enclosures so I just cant get the numbers right. And I was wondering if somebody could give me a little help. Please and thank you :) The box is suppost to be 2 cubic feet but im giving it exta room for bracing and the other stuff that will be in the box. The box will be 22in tall 18in wide and 15in deep.

Saving for the xxx18, xxx15000d batterys alts mids highs blah blah blah

Ive been trying to get the numbers right for my slot port for my 2.5 cubic foot box tuned to 36Hz. But im new to building enclosures so I just cant get the numbers right. And I was wondering if somebody could give me a little help. Please and thank you :) The box is suppost to be 2 cubic feet but im giving it exta room for bracing and the other stuff that will be in the box. The box will be 22in tall 18in wide and 15in deep.

pay a very small fee and have someone here design it for you

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

what sub?

My 93 chevy truck Orion HCCA 15's Build

6K HID's

2 orion HCCA 15.4

2 AP30001D's

2 optima yellowtops, 2 C&D 270fr's, all 3 tsunami 1/0, CS144 190 amp

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p300-1

Kole KX1 5500D -broken

what bracing are you going to have in a 2 cu ft box? I dont think that will be necessary....

Sub displacement isnt .5 cu ft btw

My 93 chevy truck Orion HCCA 15's Build

6K HID's

2 orion HCCA 15.4

2 AP30001D's

2 optima yellowtops, 2 C&D 270fr's, all 3 tsunami 1/0, CS144 190 amp

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p300-1

Kole KX1 5500D -broken

what bracing are you going to have in a 2 cu ft box? I dont think that will be necessary....

Sub displacement isnt .5 cu ft btw

Its a HUGE soundstream splx12 getting 1000rms. lol and like I said im new to doing enclosures so I didnt know I wouldnt need braceing

Its a HUGE soundstream splx12 getting 1000rms. lol and like I said im new to doing enclosures so I didnt know I wouldnt need braceing

on the manual it says for a 2 cubic foot box tuned at 36Hz the port is (dia x length) 4" by 18" and to use 3 of those. Now dia means diameter and thats used in circles so a 4 x 18 circle makes no sence to me. unless they mean a square port 4inch wide and 18in tall

Edited by soundstreamScion

^ 3-4" round by 18" long ports.

Edited by kanarrjl

97 Honda Civic Sedan

Rear disc brake conversion

2" drop

17's

lots of exterior mods

SYSTEM

SoundStream VIR-5850 Dvd player

RE 6x9's and 6.5's

Soundstream DTR4.500

Soundstream DTR1.2200

8" RE-x in a t-line

Kinetik 1800

Plans

4-SA-8's

Another Kinetik

High output alt

My Cardomain

^ 3-4" round by 18" long ports.

Lemme so if i goet it now. 4inches round and 18inches deep(going into the box) Or am I wrong. I might just take these numbers and figure out the slot port cause I herd circle ports arent very good, but ive never really looked that up to see if its true

Lemme so if i goet it now. 4inches round and 18inches deep(going into the box) Or am I wrong. I might just take these numbers and figure out the slot port cause I herd circle ports arent very good, but ive never really looked that up to see if its true

aucually aero ports are great they work the same as a kerfed port (to eliminate port turbulence) the only difference is that they dont support the box as much as a slot port so you just have to do alittle more bracing

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)