Sonic Electronix

Need some advice from you gurus!!

Hey guys My name is Quinny(Quin) as you can tell I'm one of the new cats around here but I've been in and around the stereo world for about 20 years one way or another. But now I'm an old man of 35 I still like my music to hit hard,be loud,and clear. I'm in the process of buildig a set up in my 2006 Passat. So I joined the site a few days ago but have watched it for several years.

Well here is what I am shooting for and where I need some of you guys advice. I'm looking for the semi shock value and a why did you do that reaction. I am collecting components for the set-up I have two 500x1 MCD-16 500's and currently looking for a mca-16-3004. I just ordered two sets of RE 6.5C that I got from the ebay link in the good deals area of the site. And while on there I saw that they are selling RE RE10's 3 for 150.00. So I am thinking six of those in a ported box. They are rated at about 300 watts RMS and I'm thinking with 1000 true watts they should bang. And the two sets of the 6.5's up front should even it out.

I'm not really on a budget but I've been finding some killer bargain deals so I guess this is ending up as a bargain build. So with the deal I can get on the (6) 10's should I run that set up with the 1k watts or so smaller with like two 500 watt 12's or 15's?

And if abyone has a MCA-16-3004 for a killer deal please let me know!

i hate to do this but the last i heard the re re's were a wast of time and money. i dont know that to be true or not but just a bit of a heads up. its best to do some research if you have not had first hand experience with them. just my 2 cents.

1998 jeep grand cherokee

future teardown and rebuild:

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

1-concept amp (mids/highs)

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops

i hate to do this but the last i heard the re re's were a wast of time and money. i dont know that to be true or not but just a bit of a heads up. its best to do some research if you have not had first hand experience with them. just my 2 cents.

Well this is the advice and words I want to hear,so thank you!! I mean I love Mephis subs I had two of the entry levels ones on 1000 watts in my E34 and well everytime I played it hard I would smell smoke. So if I could find six of those tens I'd go with those again. I also maybe able to score some Diamond D3 tens for a decent price but when I saw that 3 for 150.00 I was like wow I need to ask around!!

welcome to the site!

Thank you sir,I gotta say you are a bunch of freaks around here!! I mean Steve and his 30k watts and some of the box building skills and wiring jobs its fkn amazing!!

welcome.

99 suburban

20" boss motorsport wheels

big 3 installed (thanks Iraggi)

alpine 9886 deck

kenwood 11 band eq

fosgate t5002 amp running sub

kenwood ps200 amp running components

jl xr components in front doors

jl xr 6.5 in rear doors

jl in rear roof

1 FI Q 18" with bp

enclosure 8 cubes 138 sq" port 34hz

Iraggi 220 ho alt

(RF 1500bd coming soon)

I'd say you'd be pretty happy with the D3's more than you would with the RE's.

But you KNOW I want people around here who dont know RE at all to say wtf are those?? lol But I am searching the classifieds for RE SEx's If I can score those for around 100ish per sub I'd do a 4-6 of them but just want to make sure my little 1000 watts is enough to push them

Ok I'm not balling by any means but very patient haha Those Fi's are way more power hungry than my wallet can feed haha

i have and soon i hope will be able to say "had" a diamond audio d3 15" i built a ported box, 4.1cubes after displacement, and tuned at 33 hz and it just absolutely slams for what it is, has descent sq as well. i think with the right power 3 10 inch d3's would sound good in the right box. but i don't think it would be this wow factor your after. I would go with something else, check out the site and do some research, there are better subs out there for a little more money, that i think would be better for what you want. have fun with it!!!!!! :hairtrick:

2000 2dr blazer

15" diamond audio d3

4 cubic ft. tuned @ 32hz (slot port, sub back, port back)

debating on a wall or no wall.

Shay-kee