Sundown Audio

Amp not putting out 100%....

the mange

I got a sundown 1200d, with 4 gauge and my old 80 amp fuse from my alpine pdx 600 watt, and im kinda disappointed cause it sounds a lot like my old amp - not like the 1200 watts i was expecting. Is my current electrical setup really choking this amp? or will I not see a big improvement if I upgrade to 1/0? Either way, im definitely upgrading my fuse to 150 like it should be.

what ohm do you have the sub wired to?

and yea i would put at least a 120 amp fuse

I got a sundown 1200d, with 4 gauge and my old 80 amp fuse from my alpine pdx 600 watt, and im kinda disappointed cause it sounds a lot like my old amp - not like the 1200 watts i was expecting. Is my current electrical setup really choking this amp? or will I not see a big improvement if I upgrade to 1/0? Either way, im definitely upgrading my fuse to 150 like it should be.

You need to make sure your electrical set it is strong enough to hold up the amp. Do your big 3. Upgrade to 1/0. And you should defenatly put the right size fuse.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

u need more electrical system

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

u need more electrical system

how do you know that for certain?

what is your electrical like man?

if you have access to a multimeter than see what your volts are dropping to with system playing at your max listening volume

how do you know that for certain?

what is your electrical like man?

if you have access to a multimeter than see what your volts are dropping to with system playing at your max listening volume

My electrical consists of a yellow top up front, Knu 4 gauge, with the chassis to neg. terminal in 4 guage too. All my grounds are sanded. I "crimped" my wires to their ring terminals with a hammer tho last year, didn't know how to solder until a couple weeks ago. I think I'm just gonna do an electrical overhaul here and make it right.

stock alt and did u change the power wire 2 a bigger size

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

ok so u just changed the one ground or both

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

Archived