Second Skin Audio

dd recone idea what do you think?

mustardman

• 3 weeks later...

a few issues with that. I built subwoofers for 4years, and that is something you wouldnt want to do. You either would want to keep the tinsel leads, and extend with 8g from where the terminals would go ( I have NO idea what the 9500s look like where there huge wire is connected from the tinsel, where it starts at)  But adding such large wire Does add weight to the whole move assembly, meaning that you can lose effeciency, or the wires slap to hard against the cone or spider if not stable between the 2, which would cause the cone to rip apart, and the spider to rip.. Basically you need to find a way to get the wire to free float with out getting slapped around . I have a pic when last year my buddy came to me to rebuild his Kove 15z subs, and I ran 12gauge wire, to some Brass bolts thru the frame and that 12g was more than enuff wire for the speaker, but I had to alot of shifting on the wire and bolts to keep the wire from slapping. I even did what RE does, and use foam padding on the cone... heres some pics if I can find them

post-11-1160685945.jpg

Image089.jpg_thumb

post-11-1160685948.jpg

Image137.jpg_thumb

post-11-1160685950.jpg

Image136.jpg_thumb

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived