Sonic Electronix

okay thats what i thought cuz i heard they were hella good and it is super hard to blow them. and they are 2000 rms which is really nice. i have a buddy with two jl w7s and hes running 2000 to them and im plannin on getting a hifonics amp thats gunna push 2600 watts to it. so im hoping itll hit as hard as his 2 12's. now i just have to figure out wether to build a ported or seal box

1)Alpine CDA-117

1)hifonics brutus bxi 2610

1)hifonics zeus zxi6410

3)Alpine sps-600c

2)Fi BL d1 15s fully loaded

ported box is my 2 cents. when i do my 2 im gonna have 3-4k per sub. they can take 5k for burps.

r you going to build them to orions specs or r u gunna build a box the way u want it. And would u recommend tuning the boxes to a low frequency like + or - 28hz of 33- 35 hz which is i guess where most prefab boxes are tuned to.

1)Alpine CDA-117

1)hifonics brutus bxi 2610

1)hifonics zeus zxi6410

3)Alpine sps-600c

2)Fi BL d1 15s fully loaded

ported!!!!!!!!! 32 hz

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

4 DC LVL 4 18s (2 currently installed)

2 DC PAI.2000 (1 currently installed)

1 DC PAI-120.4

r you going to build them to orions specs or r u gunna build a box the way u want it. And would u recommend tuning the boxes to a low frequency like + or - 28hz of 33- 35 hz which is i guess where most prefab boxes are tuned to.

prefab boxes are shit they tuned all different frequencies not to mention very very very small and u still have to acount for wooofer displacement and port displacement

*****MOST prefab boxes are shit

RIP The 03 prix!

New Ride

2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

4 DC LVL 4 18s (2 currently installed)

2 DC PAI.2000 (1 currently installed)

1 DC PAI-120.4

i dont know if they fixed it or not, but the specs for their enclosure sizes were wrong. a guy i know had built a ported box to the specs listed and it was ok but he called them and they told him it was a misprint and gave him the real #'s. so make sure you contact them, lie i said i dont know if that has been solved or not.

1998 jeep grand cherokee

future teardown and rebuild:

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

1-concept amp (mids/highs)

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops