Eclipse Owners (CD5000 Owners mainly)

Guest 90accordman

Guest 90accordman

I'm looking at this unit and seriously considering it for the next build. Things i see that sat it apart that i like alot.

8v Preout (I dont wanna run my Matrix if i really dont have to)

Magicgate (the possibility to play music off memory cas sounds nice but i dont know if it works like that)

Styling (it seems to be a very nice unit with everything in places that i can get to easy while driving)

Does anyone own any? Not only the model iwant but any of them.  If so, are there any negatives to Eclipse units (besides price, I dont care about the price).  Also does the magic gate work as i presumed above?  Also how is Eclipse with Ipod Connectivity?

I am mainly looking into this unit as a headunit to have nice SQ out of, i'll be runing either Rainbow Germaniums all around or Focal K3P all around with 2 RE MX 12s for a substage

Thanks in advance guys

I've got an Eclipse CD8454.  It was the nicest head unit Eclipse made in 04 besides the DVD models.  I bought in 05 so I could get a price break.  Downright the NICEST head unit I have ever owned.  The sound quality couldn't get any better IMO.  I'd say they are right up there with Alpine.  Love the 8 volt pre-outs and all the nice sound settings it has(which is what I really care about).  It never skips, never gives me issues, and plays all the CD's I could want it to.  Never tried the Magic Gate because I only have the 8mb card that came with it.  I don't think it's anything special anyway. 

Eclipse changed all the cosmetics after 04 and I wanted the old look.  I'm sure the quality is still all there on the new ones.

Guest 90accordman

I've got an Eclipse CD8454.  It was the nicest head unit Eclipse made in 04 besides the DVD models.  I bought in 05 so I could get a price break.   Downright the NICEST head unit I have ever owned.  The sound quality couldn't get any better IMO.  I'd say they are right up there with Alpine.  Love the 8 volt pre-outs and all the nice sound settings it has(which is what I really care about).  It never skips, never gives me issues, and plays all the CD's I could want it to.  Never tried the Magic Gate because I only have the 8mb card that came with it.  I don't think it's anything special anyway. 

Eclipse changed all the cosmetics after 04 and I wanted the old look.  I'm sure the quality is still all there on the new ones.

see i have some 2gig cards so the magic gate would be of use to me.  if all else fails i'll save for the AVN 7000, if thats the only thing i can find with great SQ

Guest 90accordman

I'd say it's worth trying.  Maybe take one of your magic gate cards to a shop and try it out on their demo decks to see what you think.  Definitely go with Eclipse if you decide you like them enough.

good idea, think thats probably what i'll have to do

• 4 weeks later...

Archived