white4d96 Posted January 14, 2010 Report Posted January 14, 2010 I had an issue with an MB Quart EKA 113 a while ago, that I thought blew out on me. I just removed it and found an exploded capacitor, I'm presuming for the crossover for the tweeter. Looks like it said 3.3 microfarad on the side. Can I just solder a new cap in? Before someone asks, the reason for the failure was gross overpowering and a slightly clipped signal straight from my iPod. Already diagnosed and took care of both. I think the mid and tweet are both good still, so I wanna try and get some more use out of them if I can. Too many projects, too little time...
white4d96 Posted January 15, 2010 Author Report Posted January 15, 2010 Things that go BUMP in the night. Too many projects, too little time...
Watch the bass Posted January 15, 2010 Report Posted January 15, 2010 Yes. solder a new one in "in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.