Second Skin Audio

Breakin it in

There is no such thing as breaking in. People think that a sub should be broke in because the suspension is stuff and blah blah blah... If the suspension wasn't stiff. It wouldn't reproduce the frequencies so good. After it wares down a lil. It will hit the lower notes. That's all.

I gotta disagree. I've proven time and again that over the course of several weeks my subs have metered louder given the same power. My spider pack is almost .5in thick. If I throw the world at it from the get go it will just rip the spider/former joint apart because the spiders wont move.

This is an extreme case I know but for certain my subs require a break in period.

I gotta disagree. I've proven time and again that over the course of several weeks my subs have metered louder given the same power. My spider pack is almost .5in thick. If I throw the world at it from the get go it will just rip the spider/former joint apart because the spiders wont move.

This is an extreme case I know but for certain my subs require a break in period.

Are you throwing like a 14k sestom on those 10s though!? Haha. The way I look at it, is that over time, no matter how hard you play it, the spiders WILL loosen up some and hit harder and play the lows better. But to OP right when you get the subs if you do just let it fly, if you smell them getting a little stinky, bring it down a little bit.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz