I built this enclosure back in either 99 or 2000. I can not remember. I originally had a store bought enclosure and woke up one day with it missing. I then decided to build something that would make it hard to be taken without knowing how it went in. So box shown here requires that you go in at an angle to clear the interior panels. The front seats have to be moved all the way forward. Once the rear of the box clears the plastic interior in the hatch area it will slide back into place.

Box dimensions are 36"x37"x9". I used 3/4 mdf. I believe each chamber to be 1.22 cubes before the sub.

First subs were a Circuit City Special. 2 Pairs of JBL 12's I think I paid $100.00 for each pair. LOL The first amp was a Kenwood KAC-746. I kept having problems with the thermal protection kicking in at 2ohm load on each channel. I then came across a Alpine MRV-100m for CHEAP.

Now fast forward to 2010. I still have the car. Not really sure why being that I have 4 mustangs, a Z06, Dodge Diesel Dually to pull the car dyno, and a ford ranger to pull the bike dyno. I have like my little probe. Car is still fun to me to drive. However I am in need of a little more boom. I posted on a local sport bike forum that I was looking for a bigger amp. One of my customers was selling an Alpine V12 AccuClass-D MRD M1000 Amplifier for $150.00. Seemed like a good amp for the money. In went the amp and right away I noticed a big difference in the sound quality with the JBL's. However I still wanted more. I then made a phone call to the guy who does my tinting and asked him what he saw people using at the shops he does tinting for. He suggested RE, American Bass, and DD. I did my research and found that RE had subs that would work good with my enclosure that I already had. I then placed an order for 4 of the RE SRX D4 12's and this is where I am now. More bass then I really need. I can not get over how well bass tones between 20hz and 30 hz sounds. It is now time for some new mid's and highs.

Couple random pics of my junk.

Now all I need to do is decide on how to finish the box.

Out with the old subs

Tear%20Down.jpg

And in with the new

Subwoofer%20Box%202.jpg

Subwoofer%20Box%201.jpg

Warm Regards,

Dyno Brian

1997 Ford Probe

|Sony Head Unit|Alpine V12 AccuClass-D MRD M1000 Amplifier|4 RE AUDIO SRX12D4 12's|Mids and Highs coming soon!|

|1998 Mustang GT Twin Turbo|1986 Mustang GT Single Turbo|1996 Mustang Mystic Cobra N20|1995 Mustang Cobra 5,000 miles|

2002 ZO6

Mustang%20on%20Dyno.jpg

Not bad. That cap isn't doing anything for you though. How do you like those SE's?

I really like them. For the money I have in them I can not complain. However I want to point out I have been away from this for a long long time. You might as well call me a newbie. I know the last time I was at a car audio show was in 1995. I am sure things have changed. :)

As far as the cap goes do you think I would be better going with a bigger cap or another battery or both? I believe this one to be a 1/2 Farad Cap.

Warm Regards,

Dyno Brian

1997 Ford Probe

|Sony Head Unit|Alpine V12 AccuClass-D MRD M1000 Amplifier|4 RE AUDIO SRX12D4 12's|Mids and Highs coming soon!|

|1998 Mustang GT Twin Turbo|1986 Mustang GT Single Turbo|1996 Mustang Mystic Cobra N20|1995 Mustang Cobra 5,000 miles|

2002 ZO6

Mustang%20on%20Dyno.jpg

Just go with a battery alone. The cap is probably setting you back more than helping you.

For being out of audio for a while you made excellent choices. RE makes great woofers and those you have can take more power than you are throwing them, if you are wanting to get a bit louder later on. Your box looks good and you could always make a nice ported box for those and get more output if you wish later. Nice install and great choices.

aggballeralex

The Build

IMG_0019.jpg

I really like them. For the money I have in them I can not complain. However I want to point out I have been away from this for a long long time. You might as well call me a newbie. I know the last time I was at a car audio show was in 1995. I am sure things have changed. :)

As far as the cap goes do you think I would be better going with a bigger cap or another battery or both? I believe this one to be a 1/2 Farad Cap.

get a big deepcycle battery and ditch the cap. a half a farad for what your doing isnt helping IMO.

Thank you for all the replies regarding the cap and battery. I believe I can sneak a battery in on the passenger side of the car next to the sub closest to the rear of the car.

I was suprised to see a reply about the cap hurting more then helping me. I agree that is not helping much as the headlights dim quickly with a strong bass note. Voltage goes from 14.6 to 13.0 as soon as it hits.

Warm Regards,

Dyno Brian

1997 Ford Probe

2002 ZO6

Mustang%20on%20Dyno.jpg

Shizz looks real clean bro. You should be very happy with the set of subs you have now.

1992 Cadillac SeVille STS

Pioneer DEH-P7600MD

Pioneer Premier Surround

JL Audio 10W7 Ported

Kenwood KAC-7203

Kicker ZX350x4

My YouTube

doing the big 3 will help also,

n ive been wondering bout re subs myself, i might try out a few n see were they get me,

n does the polyfill work good with those subs?

n have u tryed em without teh polyfill to see if they sounded better?

why im asking is because every sealed box ive built em big enough to work with the subs than try polyfill

anyways build looks good n ied just carpet the box to match n prolly put some led strips under the amp rack to light it up a lil bit back there, maby run em off ur remote wire so when ur amp turns on they will turn on, they dnt take much power to run so u should be fine there, but u could easily get a relay kit off ebay for around $5 n work off of that tho

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

doing the big 3 will help also,

n ive been wondering bout re subs myself, i might try out a few n see were they get me,

n does the polyfill work good with those subs?

n have u tryed em without teh polyfill to see if they sounded better?

why im asking is because every sealed box ive built em big enough to work with the subs than try polyfill

anyways build looks good n ied just carpet the box to match n prolly put some led strips under the amp rack to light it up a lil bit back there, maby run em off ur remote wire so when ur amp turns on they will turn on, they dnt take much power to run so u should be fine there, but u could easily get a relay kit off ebay for around $5 n work off of that tho

"n" is not a fucking word.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

it looks good nice amp good subs you bumpin good now

MEMBER>>Team Pulse Car Audio

97 Z71 sierra

8" jl w0 md 400watt amp and dvd system

2000 malibu

1 18" old style btl, jl audio 1000/1v2 build in progress

My YouTube

100% positive buyer feedback on eBay mmatsjugg306 is my ID there

[topic='http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/148756-dd9515mmatsjugg-feedback/']leave me feedback hear for buying and selling[/topic]

rps20121104_200858.jpgSDC11631-1.jpg