Need help with a box disign

hey guys I need your help. Im going to build a two cell slit ported box, ported to 33hz for 2 12's. they are alpine type x's. The problem im having is i cant seem to find a sticky that would tell me how to get the right dementions and what not, i dont know what im doing so any direct would be great. how ever i have built a sealed box but a freind gave me the the dementions for the cuts. and please dont tear me up i know im a noob, and i do apologize for it.

hey guys I need your help. Im going to build a two cell slit ported box, ported to 33hz for 2 12's. they are alpine type x's. The problem im having is i cant seem to find a sticky that would tell me how to get the right dementions and what not, i dont know what im doing so any direct would be great. how ever i have built a sealed box but a freind gave me the the dementions for the cuts. and please dont tear me up i know im a noob, and i do apologize for it.

If you need someone to help you, You need to provide enough information for them.

Sub specs / rec. box specs

Vehicle make & model

Max height

Max width

Max length

ect.

The REAL YouTube Page

●▬▬▬▬★▬▬^๑۩۩๑^▬▬★▬▬▬▬●

Head Unit - Pioneer DEH-p6000ub

Equalizer - Soon To Come

Amplifiers - (4) Soundstream TX1.2600d's

Subwoofers - (2) Soundstream XXX 18's

Enclosure - 16 Cubic Foot Wall Tuned to 38hz

Power Wire - (200ft) Tsunami 0 Gauge PRO

BIG 3 w/ 8 C&D Batteries

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

Well by no means am i a guru. I would say though you need to at least give some rough dimensions of your trunk or space. It doesnt matter what someone could come up with for you if it wouldn't even fit in your vehicle. Also what vehicle it is, maybe what music you listen to. Are you going for SPL or SQ? Just a few thoughts for you.

well ok i can do that, the trunk space is L 33", D 43", H 21", and i could go a little higher. its a suv so i have a nice hatch. I would like the speakers facing up and the port to the rear at the hatch. Nothing fancy just a rectangle box. as for music all types, from techno, to heavy metal with a lot of double bass, or even some bass mekanik. as for the sub spec i dont what u want, I mean hey i could write the whole owners manual. :vava:

4 cubic feet tuned to 34hz with 60sqin of port should be ideal for your purposes.

edit: 17" high x 30" wide x 22" deep, external dimensions

Slot port dimensions, 15.5" high, 4" wide, 20" long (port bends)

using .75" wood all around

this gives you 4.17cuft tuned to 34.19hz.

edit 2: once you brace it itll get closer to 4cuft.

Edited by Kranny