1985 Buick Regal Limited Build Log

I'm curious.. Where did you get the hid headlights at? I looked but I didn't find them.

Ebay. I searched forever until finding them on there. They were very reasonable, but I have had a hard time finding them on there again.

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Man this car is gonna be sick! with all this chrome, are you shooting for a show car or just one hell or a street car? Im sure things are going slow with all that attention to detail and that chrome cant be cheap, but do you have a time in which you are expecting to have this thing on the road?

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Man this car is gonna be sick! with all this chrome, are you shooting for a show car or just one hell or a street car? Im sure things are going slow with all that attention to detail and that chrome cant be cheap, but do you have a time in which you are expecting to have this thing on the road?

Thanks. I build mine to drive, so hopefully a decent street car when all is said and done. By summer's end it will hopefully be a rolling chassis, and then bring it out next year!

I was able to finish applying the second coat of filler on the frame this weekend and begin knocking it down:

7-17frame.jpg

Unfortunately the pad on the sander took a dump on me:

7-17sander.jpg

So hopefully I can find a replacement pad for it and finsih up knocking down the filler this coming weekend so I can spray the frame with high build!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Well usually I don't get much done during the week due to work and the youngster keeping me busy, but hopefully in the coming weeks I will start taking care of some small odds and ends as I got sick of paying to ship parts and picked up this:

Hotcoat.jpg

oven.jpg

Eastwood Hotocat powder coating system and an oven to bake it in. So hopefully I can start getting a few parts done here and there during the week, as every little bit helps!

Also had a new pad for the longboard sander come in last night so I can get back to work on the frame this weekend! :biggrin:

snapon.jpg

Progress continues. Was able to knock down the second coat of filler this weekend and the frame is starting to really take shape:

7-25frame5.jpg

7-25frame4.jpg

7-25Frame3.jpg

7-25frame2.jpg

7-25frame.jpg

Depending on how travel for work goes this week hopefully I will get back up to the garage this weekend and hit a few spots on the frame one last time and then it will be time for high build.

• 2 weeks later...

Lookin good man. Can't wait to see this weekends updates. And just remember, just because we aren't posting doesn't mean we aren't admiring. :P I know I don't like cluttering up your build log, so I keep my posting to a minimum. Anyways, keep up the good work, as it is inspiration.

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

• 3 weeks later...

Well I know it has been a minute since I had any updates, but unfortunately that is just how summer goes. Too many obligations and such on the weekends as people try to cram a years worth of "celebrations" into our 6 weeks of summer!

Anyways, was able to spend about 4 hours in the garage yesterday molding my calipers getting them ready for powder coating!

8-22calipers.jpg

8-22calipers2.jpg

Sorry, Didn't snap a pic of both of them finished.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have still been putting in work on doing body work on the frame, but those pics all start looking the same so any progress is hard to tell in pics. But I did make some noticeable progress today.....got some powder coating done.

Sand blasted my 30 fuel/brake line clamps my old man machined for me:

6.jpg

(Decided against having red accents on the car, so the red anodizing had to be blasted off.) No homo!

Hanging them all:

4.jpg

Fresh out the oven:

3.jpg

Finished product....and a pic of the bolts in them to give a better idea of the finished look on the frame:

2.jpg

1.jpg

Was able to get my front calipers powder coated in "Mirror Black" this morning.....pretty pleased with how they turned out!

prepped for coating:

12.jpg

Fresh out the oven:

11.jpg

Final product:

10.jpg

Crappy cell phone pics, but you get the idea. Just need to put the piston back into the caliper and then it is onto coating the rotors!

Archived