1985 Buick Regal Limited Build Log

Didn't find a ton of time this weekend to get out and put in work with Mother's day and all, but did spend about 2 hours grinding my rear caliper on the "bolt-on" rear disc brake conversion kit to work on getting the rim to fit:

5-13-13Calipers_zps8efd8b78.jpg

It is a tight fit still, so still some more grinding to be done:

5-13-13Calipersrear_zps201a4fc4.jpg

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Keep up the awesome work man. Hope you still have some caliper left over with all the grinding.

If it's worth building, it's worth over building.

image_zps27zlqdnx.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Keep up the awesome work man. Hope you still have some caliper left over with all the grinding.

Thanks, much appreciated.

Well this weekend it was back on the grind. Literally. Spend about 3 hours grinding away at one of the calipers.....really pains me to see the brand new caliper this way, but after cleaning it up some more and powder coating it will at least look decent. Just sucks ass to modify a brand new "bolt on" kit so much.

5-19-13RearCaliper_zps52fddf21.jpg

Keep in mind the rear brakes only do about 30-40% of the braking, and this will NOT be a daily driven car. But I will definitley keep a close watch on them to make sure there doesn't end up being any cracking or anything on them. Then it will be onto plan B which is rebuild an entire different rear end and piece together a different disc brake kit that will clear the 13's.

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

• 2 weeks later...

One hell of a build! Solid work so far

Thanks, much appreciated!

Believe it or not work does continue. Another couple hours of grinding and the rear calipers are finally ground down enough to get the rear rims/tires on:

6-2-13DriverSideRearCaliper_zps50d40324.

"Bolt-on" kit my ass! Now I am sure they didn't intend this kit to be used for a car on 13's, but that is insane! Just need to tear down the calipers now and powder coat them to match the front.

And with that, it has been a LONG time since it can be said that all 4 rims/tires are on!!!

6-2-13RollingChassis_zpsd011695f.jpg

Well I know the caliper is full ground and ready. But i think i seen (at least with some off-road guys) They use for explorer calipers that are a little smaller then most GM cars.

MORE!!!!!

image_zps27zlqdnx.jpg

Well I know the caliper is full ground and ready. But i think i seen (at least with some off-road guys) They use for explorer calipers that are a little smaller then most GM cars.

MORE!!!!!

Ask and you shall receive.

Some major work today. Got the frame onto the dolly's:

IMG_1035_zps9d2cd9a6.jpg

IMG_1034_zps891242fb.jpg

IMG_1033_zpse90b8fff.jpg

IMG_1036_zps2bbd2548.jpg

From there it was onto bolting the "custom made" engine mounts onto the block:

IMG_1037_zps182cb5e0.jpg

Mounting the engine back onto the frame:

IMG_1038_zps8a61e87f.jpg

IMG_1039_zps1f8b51f6.jpg

IMG_1040_zps3c9452d8.jpg

Rolling the frame out into sunlight for the first time in years:

IMG_1041_zpsa60e1367.jpg

IMG_1042_zps298e040d.jpg

IMG_1043_zps0daba4b1.jpg

IMG_1044_zps4c8e24b1.jpg

Gratuitous shot with the frame next to the daily:

IMG_1045_zpsafd51b08.jpg

From there it was onto reuniting some old friends. First it was removing the body from the dolly:

IMG_1046_zpse33c9264.jpg

IMG_1047_zps6564e2cd.jpg

IMG_1048_zpsd8ded5df.jpg

And then back down onto the frame:

IMG_1049_zps4b76016b.jpg

IMG_1050_zps30a3a6a3.jpg

IMG_1051_zps7249a122.jpg

IMG_1052_zps2fcd0a74.jpg

And we can call that a success:

IMG_1053_zpsffe66a30.jpg

IMG_1054_zps84883742.jpg

IMG_1055_zpsa9c125a7.jpg

IMG_1056_zpsfb7584a2.jpg

IMG_1057_zpsb33a1df0.jpg

IMG_1058_zps0cfc4087.jpg

IMG_1059_zpscf28bbed.jpg

Keep in mind this is just mocking everything up to ensure everything fits. Everything will be broken back down and then finishing painting and such will be done. The surface rust on the block will be taken care of, etc., etc., etc.

Where you making noise while pushing it out???

Starting to look like a car again. Keep it up man!!

image_zps27zlqdnx.jpg

Where you making noise while pushing it out???

Starting to look like a car again. Keep it up man!!

Thanks! There was definitely some cussing as the frame weighs a grip! The added steel and engine onto the frame made it my work out for the day!!!

Archived