4l60e neutral switch adjustment?

ok, i just installed my new trans. in the suburban and got it all back together and have a slight issue. when i put it into drive it takes about 1-200 rpm above idle to get it to engage, same thing when i come to a complete stop and drive again. and when at a constant speed or cruise, it acts like it cant decide if it wants to be in 3rd or overdrive. it revs and backs off only about 1-200 rpm at cruise also. the netral saftey switch is adjustable but im not too sure which direction i should move it. without getting out from under it 1000 times and test driving it. i have done that 3 times now and just wondering if anyone has had experience with this? thanks in advance!

1998 jeep grand cherokee

future teardown and rebuild:

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

1-concept amp (mids/highs)

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops

new, rebuilt, used??

install a new torque converter?

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

new, rebuilt, used??

install a new torque converter?

it is a reman. came with new torque converter.

1998 jeep grand cherokee

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops

you may need to check your detent cable adjustment if it has one, if you dont you may need it adjusted in the computer. i have the same trans in my burbon i know my 94 gmc has a detent cable if thats not adjusted right it will slip or feel like it slips.

99 suburban

20" boss motorsport wheels

big 3 installed (thanks Iraggi)

alpine 9886 deck

kenwood 11 band eq

fosgate t5002 amp running sub

kenwood ps200 amp running components

jl xr components in front doors

jl xr 6.5 in rear doors

jl in rear roof

1 FI Q 18" with bp

enclosure 8 cubes 138 sq" port 34hz

Iraggi 220 ho alt

(RF 1500bd coming soon)

sounds like its not building enough line pressure.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

what might cause that? and how could i fix it? i put an external cooler in upon install. its just not making much sense.....

1998 jeep grand cherokee

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops

First thing, the neutral safety switch is so your vehicle wont start in any gear other then park or neutral. It is adjustable so you can work in the right position. Second a 96 4l60e has a plug where the older versions had a tv cable. Check the plug and make sure its connected properly. Now you transmission is computer controled so make sure your note having any dts codes coming up. When they put the new transmission in make sure that the rehooked up the ground strap that is on the top bellhousing bolt on the driver side i believe. If all that works out check to make sure you have plenty of fluid and a good filter. If all that checks out, you need to do a line pressure check, even though it's a rebuilt unit it may still have a bad pump in it.

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683

http://www.myspace.com/torque150

TeamDeadlyHertz-loburbon.png

yeah i wasnt sure it was the neutral saftey switch, if thats the electronic part that goes over the gear seletor shaft. not sure about the ground strap will check. and recheck all the connections. i know the fluid is good, just put like 6-7 quarts in it.

1998 jeep grand cherokee

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops

6-7 quarts is good for the pan, lines, and partial fill of the tc. A complete refill including tc usually takes up to 10qts

edit........11.2qts

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683

http://www.myspace.com/torque150

TeamDeadlyHertz-loburbon.png

Archived