Sundown Audio

amp blows subs as soon as i connect them.. help

i had a similar situation with a hifonics xx-olympus.... i fryed the input section on the amp...its a little different situation because the input section was a seperate board then the main board... but i blew one of the little capacitors off of it.. and the wires going to the main board were melted bare and touching... my guess is its time to send the amp in to be repaired... or if its not worth it... just use it as a trophy... and dont hook any more woofers up too it...

my guess is that the reason its blowing subs in seconds.. is because its sending them the maximum power it can with some straight nasty clippping... open it up and post some gut pics.... it could actually be something simple like somehow little strands of speaker/power wire got inside and is shorting across stuff.... or the amp could be totaly fryed...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

Can't help your problem but I did a quick google and it seems like you're not the only one having this problem with this amp... apparently you bought a shit ass amp. Here's a review I found-

"MTX must be putting more emphasis on quantity over quality. After only 6 months the TC6001 stopped working. I took it to the local stereo shop and they told me it's putting out straight DC voltage to my subwoofer. Unfortunately it fried my subwoofer. Now, not only will I have to get a new amp I will have to get a new sub too. Thanks a lot MTX."

stop making sense you'll kill the argument.

Earth, you feel me?

You aren't loud enough to be felt.

Can't help your problem but I did a quick google and it seems like you're not the only one having this problem with this amp... apparently you bought a shit ass amp. Here's a review I found-

"MTX must be putting more emphasis on quantity over quality. After only 6 months the TC6001 stopped working. I took it to the local stereo shop and they told me it's putting out straight DC voltage to my subwoofer. Unfortunately it fried my subwoofer. Now, not only will I have to get a new amp I will have to get a new sub too. Thanks a lot MTX."

WOW THATS JUST FUCKING NUTZ.. i bought this amp for $50 off a friend who needed money.. it worked for a month or so and now just trash i guess.. i called mtx and they want $85 to fix it.. its not even worth it to me..

4 15'' kicker L7 subs ( only 2 being used right now )

1 kicker zx2500.1 ( another soon 2 come )

box is 9.5 cubic feet slot portd thur the back seat

1 kicker zx650.4 amp powering 4 10'' ev dl10x mids ( rear deck )

1 kicker zx350.4 power 4 8'' beyma 8mi100 mid/highs ( 1 on each door )

2 runs of zero gauge wire ( about 60 feet total. )

big 3 done in zero gauge kicker wire

3 runs of 4 gauge for voice amps and eq' and crossover

2 kinetik hc1800 batteries in the trunk and 1 optima yellow top under the hood

260 amp irragi high output alternator ( soon to be 2 alt's )

alpine cda 9856 ipod headunit

kicker kx3 3 way crossover & a old school alpine 3342 digital 11 band sound field processor eq.

( search for ( 88bonnsse ) on youtube.com to see my videos..