new to compitition

i am new to audio compitition i will be hitting comps in and around ohio, ind, and maybe as far away as high point nc this spring i have a full size ford van with two ho alts and i am realizing thats not enough alternator for what i want to do i am curently runing to level 5 18s soon to be 4 level 5s. should i use more alternators and more batteries or should i go with just more batteries like ten batteries and the 2 alts that i already have. i have seen some people using four and some with eight alts but i am not going for a world record or anything like that i just want to be able to compete with the big boys. so what way do i need to go

another question i have been wondering about is what do people do with the inside roof area of a van to stiffen it. dynamat is not making it stiff it is deadening the vibrations but the roof is still bouncing around like its made of rubber i was thinking about welding a bunch of 1/4" plates and or fiberglass?

mobile chornobyl