Second Skin Audio

HCCA in Tline HELP

JBIRD

ok so right now im running two HCCA 15.2s with two AQ 2200ds strapped. Ive been playing around with the idea of using one sub in a Tline and seeing how it does or maybe both subs in one. i have a 03 tahoe so room isnt an issue. i was just wondering if any one can help me get started on desgining one.

First gotta make sure the QTS. And QMS. Specs from the Thiele/Small Parameters of the sub check out. Qts should be .4 of lower and Qms should be 7 or less. I dont know the specs for the subs off hand so I don't know if they are cool or not. Uhh I imagine you'll only have enough room to do one of these in a t-line unless you plan on doing a wall. Designing one is easy just gotta:

The tuning of a 1/4 wave T-line is based off of the speed of sound which is 1130 feet per second. So we take the speed of sound and divide it by our desired tuning frequency.

so you take the speed of sound divided by usually the Fs of the subs and you get a certain length, divide that by 4 to quarter wave it, times that by 12 to get that in inches and that's how long your port needs to be, not the best of instructions i know lol

Only thing is i've never seen a t-line which that much power into it so it'd be interesting. But first thing first make sure those specs match up otherwise you could be disappointed in the long run.

SMDMafia-amazinblazin.jpg

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Big III addition with 1/0 awg wiring all throughout

Lightning Audio Strike S4.1000.1D

Jenson XA2250

2 - 12" Mtx Jackhammers JH55

3ft cubed box sealed under the rear bench seat

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB head unit

MB Quart FWA 160 components up front

Make sure you read the Stick on T-lines by Foreverbumpn before you design!

I tried summing up that whole topic lol but i explained the steps for a common t-line,

that much power if you can talk to the right people you might see if you can't design one that's tapered and such, like my t-line is far from typical.

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Jenson XA2250

ok

the FS is 23.72

Qms 2.99

QTS .40

does that help?

oh damn, you get it build and it's gonna get down low and nasty, and i mean that in a really good way lol but i can assure you won't be able to get the length for 23hz, might design it to about 30-34 cause even then it will still get down extrememly low unless your more to rock then i'd go about 35-40 or so. Either way, it will sound nice, as far as your power that's still a toss up.

If you get some max dimensions i can probably help you out, i've built about 3 t-lines now but that's not including the ones i've helped on.

1997 Dodge Ram Van 2500

Jenson XA2250

Archived