Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Rockford T2 12's sub box


loudeclipse

Recommended Posts

Posted

I had a previous post on here about a box, now everything is different so i was not going to bump it. I have 2 Rockford Fosgate T212D4's. I drive an 02 mitsubishi eclipse. I have the big three done in 0 gauge and a run of 0 gauge to the back. My NEW amps are a T400-4 and a T2500-1D. I have two SVR batteries , one up front and one in the back. I am adding one more in the back and i am also buying a DC power high output alternator. I am going to have 2 neg and 2 pos runs of wire this time around. I will have power for sure, at least i hope i will.

So with that said, my birthsheet for the 2500 is rated for 3198 watts which means each sub will see 1600 watts of clean power. Yes i know that is overpowering them, but i think they can take it. I also have an oscilloscope to set gains so i don't clip anything. Everyone said before to build a 5 or 6 cubic foot box. I talked to someone here and they said at least 60 sq inches of port. I thought i knew a lot with the first build, but now i want something different.

My questions.

Do i want to stay closer to a 5 cubic foot box since i will be sending plenty of power or go bigger like everyone said before.

Port area. I want it tuned to 36 hz to get down with a few low notes but still play everything in music really well.

Port placement. I know it all depends on the car but subs up, port up or subs up port back. I thought maybe subs up and port forward to really send some air through the windows, but i could be wrong.

Im not a noob. I will add as much help on here as i can. I apologize i do not have dimensions right now, but i will try to get max dimensions.

Posted

in most hatch's i think u'd be better off with subs and port firing twards the rear and i'd preferably stick with 5cu.ft. box

the only person i wouldnt let build my box would be Ray.

Team Heavy-Flex4 SA 12's tuned to 29hz

Ampere Audio 3800.1 @ 1 ohmXS Power D3100Big 3Stock alt

Posted

I was thinking i wanted to stay around the 5 cubic foot box range, just to be safe. I think the ports would be fine close to the rear hatch on a port back, but im afraid the subs would be way to close and maybe not sound right.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1482 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...