DC Sound Lab

Small Truck, Big Woofer, Need a New Box???

:ph34r:

tune it lower- damnit your practically giving it full power free air :(

-Drew

Fo sho, definitely building a new box ASAP. Do you think the box is too big for the sub anyways? Like too much sq/ft?

Ahem... wanna make me a sweet DC port? ;) haha

DC AUDIO

06' Lancer

Edit: BTW can someone throw the numbers of my box who really knows what their doing with a box calculator together, and tell me if I got my numbers right? Please and thank you :)

Ok thanks guys, then im definitely going to build a new box ASAP. I was thinking tuning around 35hz? You think that will still hit the lows nice and give good highs in the small cab of my truck? The amp was tuned by a professional. Petey is a local guy here on the DC Street Team and I believe the other DC team (the really serious team) him and rusty are good friends, and im pretty good friends with Petey. He tuned the amp for me the day I got it. My head unit has 4v preout.

Actually I think my amp only has 4 gauge imputs. I have the MTX Thunder 1501D, not the Thunder Elite 1501D. But I do agree either way, I need some bigger damn power wire and need to stop being a cheap kid doing whatever I can for some boom boom.

Also, im curious, as I've never experienced listening to a system after a major box change like im planning to do. I do listen to lots of rap, and I really like them low notes. I'd say most of my favorite songs to bang dont go past 40hz mostly. How much of a difference in loudness do you think I'll get? I was told my system is probably only mid 30s right now on the db meter, which I think is pretty pathetic for what I have. When the lows come out, you can hear them, but I knowww it should be WAY louder. With my windows halfway down, they move like crazy in the doors and my dash moves up and down along with my steering wheel, and the outside of my cab on the backside by the bed flexes like hell, as does the window. But it needs to be louderr :(

Also, I DO listen to a gooood amount of Country music and Rock. Usually I just turn down the sub to like -15 -20 on my deck. Same deal when I change the box?

i used Torres calc .... i got the same thing as most everyone else here ...

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg