Sonic Electronix

freakin slot/ square port

OK so I was doing the ath on my tuning for my box. The car stereo.com calc said slot port is shorter than square port. So a 6X12 inch port placed like it is in the pic below, would this be a slot or square. I know a rectangle isnt a square but I know a slot is usually the full length of the wall.

newbox.jpg

I was going to do 2 6" rounds but I want more port area.

Truck 1 96 Silverado Ext cab

4 JL w6v2 12"s

2 JL 1000/1's

2 sets of JL XR components

RF 4 Chan

Blowthrough

141.5 @ DB drag street max 3-4

148.8 outlaw.

Truck 2 silverado 2500HD Ext Cab- Building this truck now

4 RE SE 10"

JBL BPX 2200.1

Soundstream 4 chan

JL XR comp

RF 3 ways

Subs under rear bench lifted 4"

bad port placement either way

so the subs fire against the trunk and the port fires into cabin, usually that ends up not being the best orientation

its hard to tell by the pic what ur askin, if the port is using the top as one of the port walls than use slot to get more accurate tuning since it will think the port extends beyond the end of the physical port wall ending

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

bad port placement either way

so the subs fire against the trunk and the port fires into cabin, usually that ends up not being the best orientation

its hard to tell by the pic what ur askin, if the port is using the top as one of the port walls than use slot to get more accurate tuning since it will think the port extends beyond the end of the physical port wall ending

This is for a silverado extended cab truck. This will be under the seat. I have found that sire firing the ports to the drivers side nets higher numbers. I was thinking of doing 2 6" round ports or 3 4" aeros. The 4 " might not be enough port area. I have the aeros in hand.

2 6" will be around 23.5 long. the 3 4" aeros will be roughly 16 long. Final lengths will have to be figured out once I figure out the final airspace because of the fiberglass. I might be able to out the port in the back thin piece. The 2 6" rounds will be alot easier but I wont get the port area of a slot port.

4 JL w6v2 12"s

2 JL 1000/1's

RF 4 Chan

Blowthrough

148.8 outlaw.

4 RE SE 10"

JBL BPX 2200.1

Soundstream 4 chan

JL XR comp

RF 3 ways

Subs under rear bench lifted 4"

This is for a silverado extended cab truck. This will be under the seat. I have found that sire firing the ports to the drivers side nets higher numbers. I was thinking of doing 2 6" round ports or 3 4" aeros. The 4 " might not be enough port area. I have the aeros in hand.

2 6" will be around 23.5 long. the 3 4" aeros will be roughly 16 long. Final lengths will have to be figured out once I figure out the final airspace because of the fiberglass. I might be able to out the port in the back thin piece. The 2 6" rounds will be alot easier but I wont get the port area of a slot port.

After doing a little more math I figured 5.3 CF after PD and DD tuned to 32.5 with the 2 6" round ports. The hump behind the seatis the thin part of the box. This got me an additional .7 cubes. Pretty much my port displacement.

Here is the newest idea.

newboxround.jpg

4 JL w6v2 12"s

2 JL 1000/1's

RF 4 Chan

Blowthrough

148.8 outlaw.

4 RE SE 10"