As someone said, getting a linux live cd would be the best idea.

IIRC Ubuntus install cd is also a live cd so give that one a try.

See if you like it first before installing it.

Make sure you backup all your data as when installing Linux it will completely wipe everything.

Also alot of aplications wont work and you'll have to get programmes which serve the same functions as the original but with a different layout/design.

Why do you want Linux? Do you have a reason to use it or do you just want to get it because someone else has/it looks cool?

You could always try installing it as a virtual machine under Vista and having a proper good play with it and see if you can find the programmes you want for it.

As someone said, getting a linux live cd would be the best idea.

IIRC Ubuntus install cd is also a live cd so give that one a try.

See if you like it first before installing it.

Make sure you backup all your data as when installing Linux it will completely wipe everything.

Also alot of aplications wont work and you'll have to get programmes which serve the same functions as the original but with a different layout/design.

Why do you want Linux? Do you have a reason to use it or do you just want to get it because someone else has/it looks cool?

You could always try installing it as a virtual machine under Vista and having a proper good play with it and see if you can find the programmes you want for it.

no, there are ways to shrink your windows partition and add a new one without loosing the information on it.

Upgrading to Linux/Ubuntu is well worth it man, it's pretty simple to use and if you have trouble just remember google is your friend.

I am not to much a fan of Wine so I use VirtualBox for the little things I need to use PC for.

4323655090_501a5b4b3d_o.png

The Setup

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

2 Alpine SWR-1222D's in 2 seperate boxes tuned to 33hz

1 Kicker ZX1001.1

Stock 140A Alt

Stock speakers

okay so i went out there, and installed ubuntu through wubi and oh my gawd, its been really nice, at first i was having trouble installing java and adobe but i just googled it, and once i installed it i felt so stupid lolz. Its pretty easy now, and google helped me alot its really fast, iv had it for 2 days and no problems... and if i do need vista, i just shut it down and reboot into vista its so simple im keeping it :D Thanks for all your help guys

no, there are ways to shrink your windows partition and add a new one without loosing the information on it.

Sorry, tottally forgot about that as i don't ever tend to dual boot, requires more effort.

ubuntu for the win

google and the connonical forums will answer any question you ever have. from new themes/skins to troubleshooting

and as silly as it sounds, some of the stuff i like most on linux is compiz fusion(desktop effects, from multiple desktops to wiggly windows to animations), awn (aka avant windows navigator) and google gadgets (like the windows sidebar only free...and better).

rythmbox is a great media player that supports ipod syncing (Although its manual...but you can edit tags and add album artwork and make playlists)

mediatomb is a great upnp streamer (So you can play your media on a ps3 through a home network per se)

google chrome is available for linux, and comes in a self installing .deb package even, imo its a better browser than firefox

vlc (video lan player...idk where the comes from) will play any video under the sun, even 1080p 5.1ch surround sound .m2ts files

arista transcoder can convert videos into ipod format (even youtube vids downloaded as flash with a bookmarklet)

anything windows does, linux can do for free. everything from word docs to VPN clients for school i've gotten to work in linux, so dont be too afraid

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

anything windows does unix does better, and faster, and for free

if you have anymore questions hit me up, keep using terminal to navigate and stuff, the more time you spend in there the faster you'll get it

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details