Additional batts

i was thinkn of gettin a optima red top batt. to put in da bak. Does ne body know if that will harm my alternator. I heard it will and i heard it won't so i just wanna hear yalls opinion

No it wont hurt your alternator at all what so ever. Just wire it parrallel from the front. Postive to positive, negative to negative (or ground it in the back(please make sure you sand all your grounds)). Your fine for now. One or two extra batteries are pretty much the most I would go on a stock alternator before I would upgrade to a high output alternator

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER

AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB

Sundown SAZ-3000D

2 Audio Q HDC3's

40' of 1/0 Gauge

2 Big Rear Batteries

A 38 HZ Box

KICK ASS!

No it wont hurt your alternator at all what so ever. Just wire it parrallel from the front. Postive to positive, negative to negative (or ground it in the back(please make sure you sand all your grounds)). Your fine for now. One or two extra batteries are pretty much the most I would go on a stock alternator before I would upgrade to a high output alternator

ok thankz

Ian Nichols 8)

If you are only adding one battery you will be fine, If you add 2 or 3 batts its going to put a good amount of strain on the alt and it could either get weaker and not be able to charge you bank back up or just straight die.

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

Archived