Sonic Electronix

I have 4 kicker comp 12's I'm in the process of designing a box, I would prefer to do 1 box to hold them all, and IDK why, but I think it would be better. My dad wants to know why not build 2 boxes, or even a sing box for each one.

So basically, what is better, and why?

-I'm going with a simple ported box, no bandpass, no tline.

EDIT: - EXT. CAB S-10 is the vehicle. needs to sit below rear window. 2.25 max volume for ported enclosure.

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

depending on the design and how it has to fit into the car, you may need multiple boxes

one looks better, but will need bracing and if a sub goes out you might not even realize it. multiple ones could be a pita to position/tune/build correctly and dont really offer any true plus side (and add to the illusion of being some thrown-together prefab job

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

I have 4 kicker comp 12's I'm in the process of designing a box, I would prefer to do 1 box to hold them all, and IDK why, but I think it would be better. My dad wants to know why not build 2 boxes, or even a sing box for each one.

So basically, what is better, and why?

-I'm going with a simple ported box, no bandpass, no tline.

Well depending on the vehicle its going into if you do just one big box you will get max airspace inside the box for your subs and you wont have to worry about making each box the exact same size and tuning. It will be less wood to do one box too.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

In an s 10 you should be able to do one box and keep it below the window line.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

I know that I can... but how much better is one big box than 4 seperately ported boxes?

why would you build 4 separate boxes? just build a smaller box for your 4 subs so you can send little more power on them, and you also gonna have to tune your 4 separate boxes exactly same frequency, other wise it's not gonna sound right

I know that I can... but how much better is one big box than 4 seperately ported boxes?

like ray said no real advantages to it. You will most likely be able to get more airspace inside the box if you do one large box as opposed to 4 seperate. Also unless you make multiple boxes the exact same sizes and the exact same way inside and out the tuning on each of the boxes could be slightly off. and I agree with him that 4 seperate boxes does look a little "thrown together".

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3