Sonic Electronix

subwoofers just stopped working?

ok they shouldnt be blown because there are no scratchy or crunchy noises when pushed down on and it isnt stiff. when i turn my music up i feel the sub vibrating and can hear the faint bass in my trunk. its about 10% of what it used to be putting out.

its hitting but barely. its getting highs and lows and sounds perfect, but sounds like my headunit is only turned up 5% when it actually isnt.

i cant check ohm load and stuff like that because i dont have the right tools or know how to use them if i did get them.

it couldnt be a bad fuse if its still putting out bass right?

and the gain cant just turn itself down i dont think..

and i have no subwoofer option on my headunit so that couldnt of gone down.

im just wanting this fixed asap so i can stop worrying about it.

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Kenwood 500 watt class d mono amp

On 4/14/2010 at 5:40 PM, Boon said:

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

the rcas and all wires are plugged in snug and everything behind my headunit.

the rcas plugged into my amp are in good too also..

no wires slipped out of the amp or anything. ugh anything else to check for?

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

alright i found some time with light outside and looked through everything.

100_2364.jpg

100_2371.jpg

100_2372.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

inside the amp

IMG_0539.jpg

im pretty sure those pictures of the sub means its not blown and it doesnt look like there is anything wrong with the amp also, but since the amp light doesnt come on when its powered on, im guessing its the amp.

so tonight im taking it to bestbuy to get it exchanged for the same one, only new.

does this sound like a good idea to you guys? theres the pictures

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Fucking weak man.

Are the coils on your subs all parallel to each other? That could have cooked the amp.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

wow i feel stupid as fuck right now.. i didnt notice those two green fuses on the back of the amp and they were both burned out.. went to walmart picked up some more and stuck them in there and it worked. gene try that..

i thought the only fuse was the one under the hood.. smh..

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Fucking weak man.

Some amplifiers will protect themseves if they are not proporley grounded. I would check and make sure all your grounds are tight and grounded good. Also i did not see anybody say anything about checking the wires that were ran through your car. Make sure you check your power wire and see if there is any cuts or places it has been broke. That would make your amp not turn on. Check every single wire in your audio system: wires in the box wires from box to amp. ground wire, power wire. and everything. Look for any defects and if there are any, replace the wire with comparible wire.

Archived