Sonic Electronix

subwoofers just stopped working?

i was driving listening to some music when halfway through the song my subs stop hitting.

i came home and looked and nothing looked different about the subs - and i pushed a little on them and heard no crunching or anything.

i have two 12" diamond d3's

and

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kenwood+-+500W...p;skuId=8742603 for an amp

i tried going back out 20 mins later because i thought maybe it was overheated or something and it still wont come on.

the subs are new and the guy who installed it said that the gain was 50% and even if i turned it up all the way i would maybe blow my speakers but not my subs.

i didnt even turn the volume all the way up though so i dont see how they could be blown.

i looked at the amp while the car was running and i thought that when you start the car my amp is supposed to have a blue triangle light up but it doesnt.

please help me

thanks

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Kenwood 500 watt class d mono amp

On 4/14/2010 at 5:40 PM, Boon said:

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

Maybe you blew a fuse? Or a loose wire somewhere. I would get a test light and see if you have power, start there.

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

i dont have a test light or know where to get one. actually i dont know anything really about subwoofers and amps.

i have no idea how to check fuses or anything so this really sucks for me

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

yeah.. start checkin fuses... them D3's are tanks... ive ran them on 600rms for months with no problems... and they can take some pretty heavy clipping... imo if you can blow a d3 your doing something really wrong...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

Look under you hood next to the battery. Do you see that big plastic thing in the wire leading to the back? That's a fuse. You probably have a glass AGU-type fuse. Just look inside the glass part and you will either see a thin metal filament going from one end of the fuse to the other or you will see something (anything) else that would denote a blown fuse.

Also, look at the fuses plugged into the amp.

check the remote wire could have came loose from the headunit or amp

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

of could have snapped all the tinsels.. doubt it though. first step is to check all fuses and connections.. rca's might have even got unplugged from behind the deck..

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

i tried going back out 20 mins later because i thought maybe it was overheated or something and it still wont come on.

the subs are new and the guy who installed it said that the gain was 50% and even if i turned it up all the way i would maybe blow my speakers but not my subs.

...how the fuck are you gonna blow your mids and highs from turning up the gain on the SUB amp?

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

dont know if these help but i tried to take pictures

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Fucking weak man.

Archived