Second Skin Audio

current setup advice

So Im still breaking in my Cvr due to warranty repair and I have it in a ported box. Problem is its a D4 and im running it at 8 ohms, which my amp puts out 375@4ohm n 750@2ohm so i dont think im running much power 2 it. I listened to my bro's D2 cvr wired @4 ohms and it got really loud for jus one sub. Im really wanting to know if it would be safe (or smart) to jus wire my sub for 2 ohms n tune my amp to the rite rms, idk if this works or not.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

I don't see why not. D4 in parallel would be 2 ohms, and you say your amp is 2-ohm stable, so I see no issue. Make sure you set your gains right, as Kicker says 500 watts rms for the CVR and your amp's putting out 750 at 2 ohms (rms I'm assuming)

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

just wire it 2 the 2 ohms and back off the gains a lil

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Why run it at 8ohm?

its either that or 2ohms n at 2ohms im puttin 750rms into a 400rms sub thats y im asking u guys what i should do.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

just start with the gain at half and bump it for a bit and if it gets stinky back it off til you can bump and not get it stinkin'

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

I don't see why not. D4 in parallel would be 2 ohms, and you say your amp is 2-ohm stable, so I see no issue. Make sure you set your gains right, as Kicker says 500 watts rms for the CVR and your amp's putting out 750 at 2 ohms (rms I'm assuming)

cvr is rated at 400rms n u r correct on the amp

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

just start with the gain at half and bump it for a bit and if it gets stinky back it off til you can bump and not get it stinkin'

lol i like that

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

cvr is rated at 400rms n u r correct on the amp

Oh, sorry. I checked Kicker's site and it said 500/1000 (rms/max) for the CVR, but that might be a newer model than yours. Or I read it wrong. :search:

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Oh, sorry. I checked Kicker's site and it said 500/1000 (rms/max) for the CVR, but that might be a newer model than yours. Or I read it wrong. :search:

you were looking at the 15" cvr thats the first one that comes up on the specs pg.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg