S-10 | 9ft^3 4in Under Rear Window | 4 Kicker Comp C12s | SPL:142.6 |

If your port is only 4 inches deep, that should be a sign your port area is too small. unless your tuned in the 70s.

also why are you wasting the time to fiberglass the sides? Looks straight enought to just glue a board too.

I was goin for 34 Hz and I used the one on the12volt.com

If push comes to shove, I could fiberglass over the port... put in aeros at the top...

I'll wait and see after I get it playin.

EDIT: The fiberglass is because the sides are NOT straight up and down... and it's too late for all that now... it's done...

Box is looking good so far. I'm really not trying to sound like an ass but why do you still insist on using the cap. IT IS USELESS for your application!

Yeah I know... well because my dad insist on using it... and he's basically funded most of the project.... and he also says "it's not like your drawing 1000 amps of current, and I bet you if we had a capacitor in the red car [1995 acura integra with 2 10's runing 125 RMS] the headlights wouldn't dim everytime the bass hit." Honestly, can it hurt that much? I mean I now have 3 of them at my house because I just bought 2 more amps yesterday and the guy had the cap with the amp, I won't use that one though, it's audiobahn...

box looks good.... but what is it tuned to?

port looks small... 2.25x18=40.5 sq inches of port... for an 8 cube box i would say you need at least 72 to 112 sq in of port...

edit...

lose the cap... 2nd battery is soo much better... these guys alrdy explained to you why you dont need it...

We'll see... I mean I can always fiberglass the port over, and then put aeros in the top... and it's 9 cubes...

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

is that 9 cubes after subwoofer and port displacement???? or just the box alone? and if you fiberglass over the port and leave the port inside, that will take up more displacement adding aeros on top of the old port sitting inside.

99 s10 4.3L

Big 3

220amp alt

Odyssey 1500

Odyssey 2150

Northstar NSB 75

Sundown Audio 3500D

Sundown Audio 125.2

3 Sundown Audio SA-12's

Alpine H/U

RF Power Comp set 6.5"

RF 3 sixty line driver

5.25 cubes @ 31hz

is that 9 cubes after subwoofer and port displacement???? or just the box alone? and if you fiberglass over the port and leave the port inside, that will take up more displacement adding aeros on top of the old port sitting inside.

Yes... It's slightly more... like in the tenths...

If I fiberglass over the OUTSIDE of the port... it will leave three tiny pieces of MDF in there... Which can be cut out...

and if I add aeros it would be to the top of the box...

Keep in mind this does not need to be 100% perfect, it's not competition as long as it sounds good to me then it's all good.

I'm really stoked to see that you're rebuilding because of the advice you got on the forums.... It's a great start!

If that port doesn't work out for you, double baffle the whole front face, and just add a strip of MDF across the whole length of the bottom of the box. Seal it up on the back side with some resin or whatever you want and you can also flush mount the subs.... Should look cleaner and add some more support.

I'm really stoked to see that you're rebuilding because of the advice you got on the forums.... It's a great start!

If that port doesn't work out for you, double baffle the whole front face, and just add a strip of MDF across the whole length of the bottom of the box. Seal it up on the back side with some resin or whatever you want and you can also flush mount the subs.... Should look cleaner and add some more support.

Yeah... and I've got the MDF to do it... the only problem is IDK when it's gonna be done... my dads gonna be busy tonight, bro's B-day is tomorrow.... which leaves thursday... when I usually do my article review for chemistry, and study for my vocabulary test in english...

i love it, i have a friend with 3 compcvrs in his s10, its sealed at about 2.6 per sub and it hits pretty good for a sealed box, such lil truck once you roll the windows down you'll be like :hairtrick:

ok maybe not like :hairtrick:

but you catch my drift

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/

My build for my wife. http://www.stevemead...01-f-150-build/

i love it, i have a friend with 3 compcvrs in his s10, its sealed at about 2.6 per sub and it hits pretty good for a sealed box, such lil truck once you roll the windows down you'll be like :hairtrick:

ok maybe not like :hairtrick:

but you catch my drift

If I went :hairtrick: I'd piss my pants... but yea I get the drift...

UPDATE: SHOULD be getting this done today...

all thats left:

Cut hole in floor under passenger seat, weld in flast spot to fit amp running highs under seat.

Wire up passenger side 4x10

charge capacitor

set gains

I think that's it...

Archived