Second Skin Audio

Single Cab--- How much have you guys used?

I measured my cab and it came out to about 30 sq. feet give or take a few. I'm going to get 80 sq. ft. but was just wondering how much have you guys used on a single cab, or even ext. cab truck? I'm going with 80 sq. ft. that way I know I have plenty to cover everything, what I have left I will double layer. I'm doing the firewall, floor, rear of cab up to 1" below the window, doors, and headliner.

--- So how much have you guys used on a single cab? I'm using the Damp Pro along with Luxury liner pro on the floor and rear of cab.

Edit- Have one more question, should I go with the 80 sq. ft. of Pro or get 160 sq. ft. of regular and triple/quad layer?

Edited by Nova

stop making sense you'll kill the argument.

Earth, you feel me?

You aren't loud enough to be felt.

2 layers of regular Damplifier would be good. 2 layers of Pro would be even better. Get enough to do the inside of your doors and the outside skin of your doors. I did 2 layers on the outside skin and one layer on the inside in my truck. You could also put some Luxury Liner on the back wall of the cab to help keep out road noise. I have Ensolite on mine and it helped a lot.

If your sure 80 ft will do it then just order that. If not order some extra to save on shipping and sell whatever you have left over. Sound deadener always sells fast on the forums.

Edited by -Hobby-

I'm doing luxury liner on the floor and back wall of cab. I'm pretty sure that 80 sq. ft. will do everything with 2 layers. Guess I will order and find out.

Earth, you feel me?

I've got a little over 3 bulk packs in my regular cab but I did pretty much everything in at least 2 layers. 1 layer doesn't always work, the idea is to put enough on to deaden it which can take 2+ layers sometimes.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

I've got a little over 3 bulk packs in my regular cab but I did pretty much everything in at least 2 layers. 1 layer doesn't always work, the idea is to put enough on to deaden it which can take 2+ layers sometimes.

My headliner area is very small so I wont need a lot there to double layer. The rear of the cab from the window up isn't getting anything either as it's painted so nothing would be covering it. So did you cover your entire cab basically? If you've seen the roof of the '67-'72 chevy pickups you'll know the headliner is pretty small. Doesn't go from window to window like newer vehicles. With out covering from the bottom of the rear window to the headliner will cut back a lot. As much as I would want to, it would look funky. I plan on doing the doors inside and out as well.

So you're running about 110 sq. ft. or so... If you covered the entire cab I should probably be good with 80 sq. ft. and be able to double layer everything.

Earth, you feel me?